+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January Spending - YES or No ?

No

except...

need back up keep regardless.

we have good players coming back.

show the squad that we are going up or staying with them.

when our squad is fully fit, its good enough, its just these bloody injuries!

....... must admit it's a tough call myself what we should do.

I always said a keeper should have experience and be over 30 years old but even I now am open to sticking with what we've got for this season.

Every match Bielsa and staff mutter from the touchline to one another and in particular to Pablo the words ' moverse para recibir' (move to receive) ........... with hand actions reminiscent to how a bull fighter moves his red cape.
    The point he's making is he wants continual play and players to receive the ball in front of them so he needs them moving before the ball is played - the theory being they don't interrupt the flow of the ball by trapping it but move on to it instead.For me that is why I personally think Saiz is more apt than Foreshaw who tends to slow the flow but both add differing dimensions for different situations I accept when needed.

The system we play is not easy and alien to many players who adhere to different systems SO any players possibly coming in will have to adapt pretty sharpish,IMO,even any possible keeper HAS to have quick feet under the Bielsa regime......... fascinating to watch Leeds nowadays and interesting to see how teams combat our system(s) by using blocking techniques similar to NFL !

Great opinions expressed to an interesting upcoming transfer window.

MOT

Yes if we are to have any chance of top 2 and auto promotion..keeper and a CB is minimum..would love a quality CF too but very doubtful we will get one in.

No and we should (hopefully) get in the play-offs..sticking with what we already have could be tricky for us my opinion especially with injuries/suspensions..maybe the loan market is best for us???

A tricky window to deal in to be fair..expect a few clubs will do some business like Villa/WBA/Boro.
    Last edited by Rev72; 26-11-2018 at 01:05 AM.

kepper and a CBno time for teaching old dogs new tricks, so a CB that already knows the Beilsa MO would be wise...

once all the squad is back fully fit we've 18 seniors and 8 youths ready to fight for the cause, I'd say thats enough

That's assuming everyone will then remain fit once back, but that won't happen there will be more injuries and if we don't strengthen now we will be caught again MOT

Think we need another winger and a goalkeeper

I'd send Harrison and Baker back and get 2 players in for them neither have shown themselves worthy of a starting place and we need genuine competition for Alioski. Clarke is a great potential but he isn't ready for regular 90 minutes of first team football.

At the moment I don't think we've got enough to go up but 2 more additions could make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    once all the squad is back fully fit we've 18 seniors and 8 youths ready to fight for the cause, I'd say thats enough

When is a squad ever fully fit? Especially with the way we play injuries are guaranteed + suspensions for yellow cards will start accumulating.

It's probably not possible in the January window, but I have to admit I do wonder where we'd be with one or two of; Aiden Flint, Harvey Barnes, Dwight Gayle, Tammy Abrahams, Bradley Dack, Lewis Grabban, Jack Colback, Sam Clucas, Tom Ince, Benik Afobe, Mason Mount, all of whom were in theory available last summer.

But as I say, I doubt there are any players that will be available in January that we could afford that would bring anything significant over and above what we now have, so I'm happy to leave it to Bielsa. If he says he needs a player, and we get them, that's fine, but if Bielsa says he doesn't want anyone that's fine too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)