+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January Spending - YES or No ?

January Spending - YES or No ?

So Jan spending Yes or No ?
    Plenty quick to say Yes but who and how much another matter ...........
    Do we spend Championship money for recruitment(s) or pending PL money to obtain reinforcement(s)- both result on long contracted player(s) or do we dabble on loan(s) 'cos Bielsa likes to individually work with a player(s) over time before evaluating and tinkering with personnel.

Leeds top January spenders last window shelling out £8 million and some would be pointing out we actually got worse.Bielsa (on record at all his previous clubs) prefers a smaller squad to work with and HE likes time to bring 'em up to scratch and fair do's loyalty wise he's not afraid to put the kids in when it would be easier to go ranting to the press asking for more funding for leverage .............. but he knew the score as that'll would have been stipulated back in July.

Is there one signing like Fulham pin pointed last season in Mitrovic that may be just enough to get us automatic promotion that'll slot right into a 'tight knit squad' ?
    On an initial loan he got 'em up and Fulham got a permanent £22 million deal plus extras eventually off the Geordies ........... and no doubt a decent sell on clause too.

After consideration of previous windows,our budget,Brexit after shock,development of youth transition to first team do we Stick or Twist - as another Pierre-Michel Lasogga 'experience' is Defo not wanted,IMO.
    Listening to French sports football TV brief on Ligue 1 teams the leading scorers are giving the same return as Roofe but will be on bigger bucks and requiring big transfer fees to move ............ no doubt.
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ligue...saison_id/2018

MOT

Maybe a goalkeeper, but with bamford, beradi, ayling and brown all due back by then it will feel like 4 new signings.

Hmm, not a straight forward question to answer.

I really like seeing Biesla choosing to use our youth players over other options, any experience they pick up with the first team should in theory reap benefits in the long term.

My concern is that we may need a more experienced goalkeeper, ability-wise for this league we have enough but I think having someone with a few more years as No 1 in the closing stages of the season could be key to whether we make the playoffs of not. Obvious candidate that is being touted by a few on here is a loan for Tom Heaton.

Another area that I keep harping on about is CF, even when we get Bamford back I would really like to see another senior CF brought in. I just feel we are missing to many opportunities up front, which is keeping the opposition in the match for longer than they should be. We need a genuine CF as back up as I think we all can see how we have struggled to convert those chances when we don't have one available to lead the line. Who is available? Really not sure and it would have to be a loan as I can't see us signing someone to play second fiddle and sit on the bench when we only play 1 up top. Yet it would give us the option of playing Roofe on the left wing if needed.

All in all if we invest in January, I think the club has to try and target players whom have PL potential ( which we should be doing anyway).

I know this isn't 100% on topic but have you read what Stan Collymore has been saying?

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...ed-tv-15463521

Is it me or does he not understand the gulf between the PL and the rest of us dross teams outside of the almighty Premiership. Saying that teams not in the PL are second rate. Perhaps Stan it is because clubs out of the PL gets peanuts and can't pay the wages and transfer fees like your beloved PL clubs.

Also Stan, why is this second rate team on Sky more than most PL teams?

YES. Centre half and poaching centre forward as a minimum.

Cover for CB is a must in my book. A lot depends on the heavy December schedule though and what injuries we may have during that period. I kind of agree with you on the CF position Billy but would I rather have a CB and GK first.

CB and CF for me will do it. Quality spends though.
    Brown adds quality and a difference in midfield and Bamford gives another option upfront.
    A decent spend will be enough to get us over the line hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    I know this isn't 100% on topic but have you read what Stan Collymore has been saying?

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...ed-tv-15463521

Is it me or does he not understand the gulf between the PL and the rest of us dross teams outside of the almighty Premiership. Saying that teams not in the PL are second rate. Perhaps Stan it is because clubs out of the PL gets peanuts and can't pay the wages and transfer fees like your beloved PL clubs.

Also Stan, why is this second rate team on Sky more than most PL teams?
    The man is a f00kwit of the first order. Maybe if the likes if Bournemouth, Dudds, etc could command the attendances (and the "support" of Sky in terms if getting date/times changed to accommodate TV audiences), then there might, just might be some merit in his drivel. As it is he makes himself look a d1ckhead.

Definitely a top GK. Real pace going forward would be good. A winger or attacking midfielder etc.

No

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)