+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Homelessness In Morecambe and Blackpool

O/T Homelessness In Morecambe and Blackpool

I know we see it every day in Nottingham but I was genuinely shocked at the amount of homeless I saw. I gave a young lad a couple of quid and we spoke briefly. I could not believe how articulate he was. I really hope for that young man.

Take out those that consider it a nice little earner and those that make a lifestyle choice and the numbers may well reduce. No doubt many many that are in need of help and have been let down by the system though.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Take out those that consider it a nice little earner and those that make a lifestyle choice and the numbers may well reduce. No doubt many many that are in need of help and have been let down by the system though.
    You really think homelessness is a lifestyle choice? Or a decision people make for financial reasons? All things considered, wouldn't it just be easier to get a job?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Sorry, could you elaborate on that?
    I’m intrigued to know who considers spending the winter sleeping in a doorway a lifestyle choice!

A lifestyle choice to sleep rough in winter at the coast, good one. Homelessness is going up and up due to greedy landlords, the mess of universal credit not being paid for months resulting in people getting kicked out their house and the rising cost of living. Add to that the fact that most coastal areas are deprived as well due to lack of work out of season and there you have it. The people you see begging who use it as a job and go home to a nice warm house are so few and far between that it's not really an excuse to not deal with the wider issue we have in this country.

To have so much wealth in this country and yet homelessness is going up plus people working full time are still having to use food banks for their family is absolutely disgusting and something we all shouldn't be happy with. That's society in general now though, as long as I'm alright **** everyone else. The cult of me is really upon us now. Well done navy for taking the time to talk to him, like you say they're often intelligent people who have had a bad run. Could happen to anyone given the right set of circumstances.

In winter if you have some money you don't need then help them out.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    You really think homelessness is a lifestyle choice? Or a decision people make for financial reasons? All things considered, wouldn't it just be easier to get a job?
    No, there are some people that do not want to be tied to a 9-5 life. Believe it or not there are SOME people that choose to lead that life. But as I mentioned in my first post there are many who, through no fault of their own, find themselves on the streets and deserve as much help and assistance as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    A lifestyle choice to sleep rough in winter at the coast, good one. Homelessness is going up and up due to greedy landlords, the mess of universal credit not being paid for months resulting in people getting kicked out their house and the rising cost of living. Add to that the fact that most coastal areas are deprived as well due to lack of work out of season and there you have it. The people you see begging who use it as a job and go home to a nice warm house are so few and far between that it's not really an excuse to not deal with the wider issue we have in this country.

To have so much wealth in this country and yet homelessness is going up plus people working full time are still having to use food banks for their family is absolutely disgusting and something we all shouldn't be happy with. That's society in general now though, as long as I'm alright **** everyone else. The cult of me is really upon us now. Well done navy for taking the time to talk to him, like you say they're often intelligent people who have had a bad run. Could happen to anyone given the right set of circumstances.

In winter if you have some money you don't need then help them out.
    Slightly off topic (but related to the 'culture of me') I would recommend listening to podcast no.142 at https://samharris.org

Or any of the others, they're all quite interesting.

Ho yes i also feel sorry for those Polish lads sitting drinking beer along side the canal on London road everyday, it's a shame, i would offer them some help but the poor chaps can't speak english.

In other news, thousands of pounds are spent rescuing these poor travelers from the cold sea and putting them into safety at tax payers expense.
    France is such a terrible place to force you into this desperation.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-46296249

Luckily, we have money to burn and it's not needed else where.

Double post

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast