+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T May Wants Live Debate With Corbyn On Brexit Deal

O/T May Wants Live Debate With Corbyn On Brexit Deal

Doing her best to sell this deal to the nation and parliament I'll give her that .

Seems a desperate move to me given she's possibly the worst PM in living memory at this on the spot kind of thing .

I'm not sure whether it's a last desperate attempt to save the Tory government or she actually believes in this deal , my gut says it's an attempt to save her government and try to gain the upper hand on Labour who will vote the deal down and make the government's postion untenable .

Wonder if she considered a live debate with Mogg or the ex foreign secetary buffoon and the 80 members of her own party who are also going to vote down the deal , plus the DUP and the SNP in the audience ? .

Make a mockery of Corbyn's position , pin the blame on him whilst everyone with half a brain knows this thing began two decades ago with Major's Bstrds and Cameron's referendum more recently .

It's a desperate move to stand behind something you yourself know is a bad deal live on tv with an opposition leader who has more bullets in his gun .

All Corbyn has to do his quote what was promised and what was actually delivered , it's a slam dunk for Labour .

When this particular PM wants to go live in a debate with the opposition you know the big women is singing .

Popcorn at the ready .

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-co...rexit-11563917

Why don’t you post this on your own site.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Why don’t you post this on your own site.
    Why don't you ask the same question of Acido?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Why don't you ask the same question of Acido?
    Why dunt tha keep thi fecking nose out.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Doing her best to sell this deal to the nation and parliament I'll give her that .

Seems a desperate move to me given she's possibly the worst PM in living memory at this on the spot kind of thing .

I'm not sure whether it's a last desperate attempt to save the Tory government or she actually believes in this deal , my gut says it's an attempt to save her government and try to gain the upper hand on Labour who will vote the deal down and make the government's postion untenable .

Wonder if she considered a live debate with Mogg or the ex foreign secetary buffoon and the 80 members of her own party who are also going to vote down the deal , plus the DUP and the SNP in the audience ? .

Make a mockery of Corbyn's position , pin the blame on him whilst everyone with half a brain knows this thing began two decades ago with Major's Bstrds and Cameron's referendum more recently .

It's a desperate move to stand behind something you yourself know is a bad deal live on tv with an opposition leader who has more bullets in his gun .

All Corbyn has to do his quote what was promised and what was actually delivered , it's a slam dunk for Labour .

When this particular PM wants to go live in a debate with the opposition you know the big women is singing .

Popcorn at the ready .

https://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-co...rexit-11563917
    This is about Brexit and not an election contest which is what Labour want it to be.

We are in an incredible mess that would have been the same regardless of who was PM or which party was in control, the best place to be at the moment is in opposition as its easier to criticise.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    This is about Brexit and not an election contest which is what Labour want it to be.

We are in an incredible mess that would have been the same regardless of who was PM or which party was in control, the best place to be at the moment is in opposition as its easier to criticise.
    Well actually there wouldn't have been a referendum under a Labour government because it wasn't in the manifesto .

Of course Labour want it to lead to an election contest because as opposition that's their remit .

You could also argue the government have also created an opportunity for a GE by losing their majority when they called a snap election which now means it's unlikely her Brexit deal will pass through parliament .

If the deal is rejected then clearly the government have lost the power to govern and a GE comes into play , in perhaps less volatile times it would be possible to govern without a majority but I feel not at this time .

Something is clearly going to have to give if the deal is rejected which seems the most likely outcome .

This proposed debate is not just about her brexit deal it's the start of an election campaign in my opinion .

The deal is the best anyone can do and I'm not going to criticise it but it's still a mess and when factoring all the above there's every chance it will lead to the fall of the government .

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post

What a load of tosh that is.....how could it possibly be the same regardless of the party in power??? just about the stupidest thing you've ever posted that....

Regarding the 'debate'. all May wants to do is personally attack Corbyn....taking away any actual debate about the reality of Brexit, an absolutely massive fack up brought about by a political party only caring for it's own personal gain, the tory party has divided the whole nation in it's xenophobic race to the bottom, and shame on anyone who could actually support it and it's divisive, policies...

Bevan nailed it years ago. Nothing has changed....

Name:  Bevan.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  79.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    Bevan nailed it years ago. Nothing has changed....

Name:  Bevan.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  79.3 KB
    Because the left are as honest at they come.

Not to mention the atrocities of Mao, Stalin and the cold blooded Lenin we only have to look at our own Council to realise Bevan was taking out of his a@rse

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast