+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T May Wants Live Debate With Corbyn On Brexit Deal

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Yes. 5 years ago though. Same happens today. Will not get into a debate as dont know enough about it. For me its always Conservative V Labour. I was brought up in Parkgate a labour stronghold, and from what I heard that Skinner was a lazy ******* who always thought he was above his station above his fellow workers. Thanks for reading.
    That same bloke who 'thoughthe was above his station' gave his wages up to the cause for the entire miners strike......

Ok mate. That must a have a lot of tax payers money then. As I said I was told he was a lazy git in the pit, always spouting off. No argument as it was a long while ago. By the way my dad, my hero was a miner. I recall many a day as a young boy in short trousers waiting for him at the bus stop outside the Clarence in Parkgate. There was 2 bus stops at that time, one was further down and I ran between the two as the buses came. So please dont preach to me that Skinner gave his wages to the strike as I'm sure he survived without any hardship better than his other subordinates, as did that other muppet that goes by the name of Scargill. And growing up I also recall travelling to my work at Woodhouse and the over zealous miners illegal road blocks at Orgreave stopping me and asking where I was going and who was I affiliated to. Bang out of order. If only they knew where I worked.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I can. He is talking out of his arse.

It's just a massively oversimplified and in most cases misleading quote.

This is why politics is so poor in this country. If people really believe all Tories are liars or all Labour politicians are liars, they are very immature.

Plenty of Labour and Tory politicians believe in what they are doing and believe with all their hearts that they are doing it in the nation's best interest.

To be honest I want to see both parties scrapped because the Labour and Tory parties dinosaurs are years past their sell by.
    Correct, the cartoonish "Evil Tories" (shakes fist) posters on here with their totally one-sided views can't really expect to be taken seriously as political commentators can they?

They just see everything in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Correct, the cartoonish "Evil Tories" (shakes fist) posters on here with their totally one-sided views can't really expect to be taken seriously as political commentators can they?

They just see everything in black and white.
    Where you just see everything in white, don't you??

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Ok mate. That must a have a lot of tax payers money then. As I said I was told he was a lazy git in the pit, always spouting off. No argument as it was a long while ago. By the way my dad, my hero was a miner. I recall many a day as a young boy in short trousers waiting for him at the bus stop outside the Clarence in Parkgate. There was 2 bus stops at that time, one was further down and I ran between the two as the buses came. So please dont preach to me that Skinner gave his wages to the strike as I'm sure he survived without any hardship better than his other subordinates, as did that other muppet that goes by the name of Scargill. And growing up I also recall travelling to my work at Woodhouse and the over zealous miners illegal road blocks at Orgreave stopping me and asking where I was going and who was I affiliated to. Bang out of order. If only they knew where I worked.
    Not preaching to anyone, i believe you've just stepped on the soapbox fella....

Trump gets some stick but he's not wrong when he says this is a great deal for the EU (probably what May and Robbins intended all along).

Vote to leave the EU and our globalist politicians use it as an opportunity to hand over even more power to the EU.

I'd say "unbelievable" but I know how these people operate now and the contempt they hold for the electorate and the ordinary man and woman in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Trump gets some stick but he's not wrong when he says this is a great deal for the EU (probably what May and Robbins intended all along).

Vote to leave the EU and our globalist politicians use it as an opportunity to hand over even more power to the EU.

I'd say "unbelievable" but I know how these people operate now and the contempt they hold for the electorate and the ordinary man and woman in the street.
    Who exactly are "these people" you speak of?

Interesting this , I've just looked at some comprehensive opinion polls that were taken once the deal was announced , you will have to trust me on this as they aren't in the media but are none the less credible with a percentage of error factored in .

The polls were conducted nationwide to offer the best assessment and factor in the geographical splits .

Leave would still win with a small increase in the vote , very minimal but none the less an increase .

Now the thing is polls are very flawed these days but they are generally associated with elections , as I remember it the opinion polls were wrong on the referendum and had remain ahead but you'd think with all the implications now out in the open so to speak Remain would still be ahead , but they aren't according to my information .

I'm assuming this is the electorate stubbornly and possibly patriotically saying feck you EU after it's universally accepted that they have got the better of us around the negotiating table .

The poll could be flawed and I wouldn't myself sign it off personally as a fact but none the less it's an interesting one that's for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Who exactly are "these people" you speak of?
    The globalist politicians, business people and bankers of course.

The people who rule the world.

Merkel, Macron, May in Europe currently (and also the current Pope) also people like the Bushes, Clintons, Obama, Blair.

Also been called neoliberals and neoconservatives.

Started with Hayek.

This is actually a pretty good video about neoliberalism from the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/ideas/videos/neo...st-up/p06ltnvp

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Regarding the 'debate'. all May wants to do is personally attack Corbyn....taking away any actual debate about the reality of Brexit, an absolutely massive fack up brought about by a political party only caring for it's own personal gain, the tory party has divided the whole nation in it's xenophobic race to the bottom, and shame on anyone who could actually support it and it's divisive, policies...
    She's had a meeting tonight with the remain Labour MP's to try and get them on board according to an email I've received tonight from Momentum .

One or two might back her up but it seems she's on the whole managed to unite the Labour Party rather than divide it because the majority think it's a bad deal .

Not sure about the Bigots from NI , for all their shadow boxing they probably might come around because of Corbyn , it's her own party that will lose her the vote more than anything in my opinion .

I reckon she will lose the vote by about 50 myself give or take .

Then we are in totally uncharted waters and anything is up for grabs .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast