+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen bypass

It's a fückin shambles. Mile upon mile of it sitting there finished and not getting used - all because of a few hundred feet at one end.

Guarantee that it'll be April by the time they've rectified the issues with the bridge, open the entire road then find that there's an issue at Stonehaven after a few hundred cars have been over it - then close the entire road again to patch up a few yards.

Fückin hopeless cünts

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Contractual, inasmuchas the Dyce to Tipperty section must have been built as part of a different contract to the Dyce to Stonehaven and Charleston sections?

P1sh.
    Correct, don't quite understand how the same bitty of road can be opened at Parkhill side but nae the Stoney to Dyce, has gone affa quiet , thon nugget Mckay said it would be open in December, omitted to say which year though.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    It's a fückin shambles. Mile upon mile of it sitting there finished and not getting used - all because of a few hundred feet at one end.

Guarantee that it'll be April by the time they've rectified the issues with the bridge, open the entire road then find that there's an issue at Stonehaven after a few hundred cars have been over it - then close the entire road again to patch up a few yards.

Fückin hopeless cünts
    And, on the subject of Stoney, why the fcuk have they built a roundabout, at the intersection with the A90? Why no slip roads instead? This will result in massive tailbacks with folk both trying to get off the AWPR heading south, and folk on the A90 trying to get onto the AWPR!

Also, Kingswells roundabout, you can only go north from that intersection, you can't go south. From an (initial) budget of £750m, how much extra would it have cost to build a slip road to take you south?

And, on the subject of Stoney, why the fcuk have they built a roundabout, at the intersection with the A90? Why no slip roads instead? This will result in massive tailbacks with folk both trying to get off the AWPR heading south, and folk on the A90 trying to get onto the AWPR!

Also, Kingswells roundabout, you can only go north from that intersection, you can't go south. From an (initial) budget of £750m, how much extra would it have cost to build a slip road to take you south?
    Nae sure what you mean about the Kingswells roundabout, as there looks to be a south on-ramp when you enter the roundabout travelling west in the direction of the White Pachyderome.

You're spot on about Stoney, though.

When the A90 was built, the cost and delays of after-market building of flyovers at Forfar, Stracathro, (nae yet Laurencekirk) and Newtonhill could have been seen by a blin man wi a glass bool in his erse, years before the road was completed. By ****, do we need a DNPR to avoid The Kingsway in Dundee these days though.

I've always maintained that for governments, transport infrastructure is the easy one. It's chuckies and drots and diggers and shovels and concrete and tarmac and boys in HV orange, working on a project which has been deliberately over-priced and completion dates exaggerated to give a nice wee earner to the construction companies and allows the partisan spin machines to boast about their expertise and general competence. Emperor's new claes, the lying *******s.

It's a lot easier than delivering cast-iron guaranteed services like health, education and tarryhattery, the difficult ones.

Given the experience of the AWPR, however, i'm now revising my opinion, not about the relative ease by which such projects are delivered, but about the competence of the ****wits in Edinburgh charged with delivering it.

The other great unmentioned part of the equation is the cost of maintaining the current A90 (A92 when the AWPR opens), which will fall to the local authorities on its de-trunking.

Aberdeenshire Council (although I'd argue that a skelp of it is Kincardineshire, of course) will take on responsibility for the mileage from the AWPR off-slip at Stoney, to the city boundary somewhere between Portlethen and Charleston. From there, to the Bridge of Dee, via Anderson Drive, Mugiemoss Road, Persley Bridge, and The Parkway, to the AWPR Black Dog intersection on the road to Ellon, Aberdeen City Council will take on the maintenance responsibility, one hoor of an undertaking.

Given that local authority funding is already ****ing woeful, this promises to be a new battleground, but one of which Edinburgh will likely wash its hands, knowing full well that the drones and social media keyboard experts blame everything on "the Cooncil, min".

Fun and games guaranteed, with a shortage of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Nae sure what you mean about the Kingswells roundabout, as there looks to be a south on-ramp when you enter the roundabout travelling west in the direction of the White Pachyderome.
    Na na min, you're spikkin' aboot the Kingsford roundabout on the A944 atween Kingswells and Westhill. I'm on about the Kingswells roundabout, just north of the village, on the Newhills road. When you approach the AWPR from that roundabout (i cycle on that stretch of the AWPR most sundays) there is only a north ramp, nae a south ramp. Crazy.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 28-11-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Na na min, you're spikkin' aboot the Kingsford roundabout on the A944 atween Kingswells and Westhill. I'm on about the Kingswells roundabout, just north of the village, on the Newhills road. When you approach the AWPR from that roundabout (i cycle on that stretch of the AWPR most sundays) there is only a north ramp, nae a south ramp. Crazy.
    I get you. I've nae examined it. My pal who bides at Craibstone Golf Club is raging about the access cut off to him to cycle safely fae his hoose to the A96 to get to university.

Vintage. You are on the money in regards to the Kingsway. Ive went past four times in the last week and a bit at different times, maybe 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 6pm and its been f@cking gridlocked. I usually nip the Claverhouse way if heafing south and miss a chunk and only get it bad at Asda roundabout. But i had to head up the A90 hill to get Tayport via Kingsway East and it was f@cking rammed(12pm).Dungdee traffic is definitely on the rise

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Vintage. You are on the money in regards to the Kingsway. Ive went past four times in the last week and a bit at different times, maybe 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 6pm and its been f@cking gridlocked. I usually nip the Claverhouse way if heafing south and miss a chunk and only get it bad at Asda roundabout. But i had to head up the A90 hill to get Tayport via Kingsway East and it was f@cking rammed(12pm).Dungdee traffic is definitely on the rise
    I blame those w@nkers in tar-filled Transit pick-ups, and the queue of horse-drawn caravans, swollen by the crowds of refugees fleeing the place.

Stoney to Dyce section to open next week:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...tland-46442101

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Stoney to Dyce section to open next week:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...tland-46442101
    The day after May is left with **** all but the claes she stands up in in Whitehall, and on the day of the Holyrood Budget, no doubt.

"A good day to bury bad news" with such bread and circuses.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast