+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen bypass

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Ach well........tea time crowd and my phone would ding with a text........in unison the chaps will laugh “ that’ll be the shepherds crook!”......three to three and a half pints would be the normal length of extension unless adverse weather and then perhaps five pints........I’ll set my watch tonight and find out how long the shepherds crook will be!

Good thing is now ......I’ll lose weight and well.....gain some money.....win/win.

SF
    Hmm must admit I'm struggling here. I'll put your post through a cockney rhyming slang translator to see if that can help decipher it.

Ch 'eaven and 'ell........tea nickle and dime crowd and me Dog and Bone would din' wif a text........in unison the chaps will giraffe “ that’ll be the shepherds Joe Rook!”......three ter carpet and a Ca and Calf pints would be the normal lengf of extension unless adverse wevah and then perhaps Jack's Alive pints........i’ll set me Kettle and Hob tonight and find aahhht 'a long the shepherds Joe Rook will be! good fin' is na ......i’ll lose Pieces of Eight and 'eaven and 'ell.....gain sum Bread and Honey.....win/win.

Nope sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Hmm must admit I'm struggling here. I'll put your post through a cockney rhyming slang translator to see if that can help decipher it.

Ch 'eaven and 'ell........tea nickle and dime crowd and me Dog and Bone would din' wif a text........in unison the chaps will giraffe “ that’ll be the shepherds Joe Rook!”......three ter carpet and a Ca and Calf pints would be the normal lengf of extension unless adverse wevah and then perhaps Jack's Alive pints........i’ll set me Kettle and Hob tonight and find aahhht 'a long the shepherds Joe Rook will be! good fin' is na ......i’ll lose Pieces of Eight and 'eaven and 'ell.....gain sum Bread and Honey.....win/win.

Nope sorry.
    No need to apologise........the shepherd’s crook analogy of being summoned is used all over, however........glad you took or rather, had time to enlighten us with your cockney anecdotes......

SF

Ach well........tea time crowd and my phone would ding with a text........in unison the chaps will laugh “ that’ll be the shepherds crook!”......three to three and a half pints would be the normal length of extension unless adverse weather and then perhaps five pints........I’ll set my watch tonight and find out how long the shepherds crook will be!

Good thing is now ......I’ll lose weight and well.....gain some money.....win/win.

SF
    Fit the f@ck

Went for a spin on the way home. Nice road, would ride on again.

We need to remember this bypass is a massive project .
    What a magnificent structure with what I have seen . if builders do contracts say a million pound one then decide after signing they dont want to do it or its too big then you are liable for the price difference to the next tenderers price
    Also if you price it wrong no one else picks the tab for the muck up but you .

I once priced a Shire contract and got it badly wrong for 40 homes costing me nearly £40.000
    My fault I had to go through with it..

This bypass should have been built when Scotland/Aberdeen found oil 74-75 remember it very well but the london govement thought it best spent elsewhere but better late than never I suppose .

As I've said before we had one bridge going over from Tory / Aultons one bobby directing single file traffic over that one lane bridge.. Dundee road no carriageway just one lane there and back unbelievable.

The locals weren't happy at the time even our Americans that came over to show us the ropes shook their heads at how backward Aberdeen was back then .

But move on to today and enjoy this fantastic road network well done to everyone who were involved with this great job lads .
    Thank you for the amazing work you have done .

Many of them living in caravans they deserved better.
    Last edited by Disco Buc; 12-12-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Haudagain round about to sort out now then on to duelling up the Inverness road.

How about a new bridge over the river Dee to replace that stupid narrow 500 year old one.

Alright, own up, who’s the moaning faced c@nt complaining there are no cycle lanes?

https://twitter.com/dm_no5/status/10...904479745?s=21

SF

Well done min, the worst load of s’hite yet.

No need to apologise........the shepherd’s crook analogy of being summoned is used all over, however........
    Erm nope, still not helping

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast