+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen bypass

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Well done min, the worst load of s’hite yet.
    Thank you ever so much, anyway, the time from receiving post work text to getting picked up has now been reduced from 45 minutes to approx 15 minutes.....the tea time crowd has just got smaller.........I suppose a senile pished up goat has now become just a senile goat.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Thank you ever so much, anyway, the time from receiving post work text to getting picked up has now been reduced from 45 minutes to approx 15 minutes.....the tea time crowd has just got smaller.........I suppose a senile pished up goat has now become just a senile goat.

SF
    That's starting to makes some sense

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    That's starting to makes some sense
    I hope not, too many respond saying it is sh1te......the reality is, I don’t actually care, well apart from my tea time sesh getting shortened!

SF

Oh well. I suppose those of us north of the Don who contributed towards the cost - I can't recall if it was £75m gross, or £75m per local authority - can just make do until they find the right consistency of sealing wax to hold the Don crossing together.

Even the simple matter of chucking money into construction projects is beyond these useless former toon cooncillors.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...til-next-year/

Has the term W.A.N.K.S actually been registered by the Kingsford NIMBYs or is it still available so that a suitable alternative for the mnenomic, applicable to this farce can be adopted and brought into common use?

We

Areuninterestedinanything

Northof

KincardineonForth

Sosuckitupyou*********gingcuunts

Perhaps needs a bit of editing.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 20-12-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

We

Areuninterestedinanything

Northof

KincardineonForth

Sosuckitupyou*********gingcuunts

Perhaps needs a bit of editing.
    Could do without intelleigent people like you peddling Andrew Bowie's pish. £750m on a project that's a bit late, but yeah, we still just have central belt speniding like Tory/Labour govts have done. My shiny arse

I have no idea who Andrew Bowie is. My thoughts are my own, rather than on-message regurgitations of officially-sanctioned spin from Nat Central or Shiny Shiny Kingsfordy Thing Milne-Brown-nosing Inc.

Two things:

- a bit of snagging work is to be expected. A thinner than required topping of tar laid on a 20m section of an off-slip perhaps. Maybe a couple of poorly-bedded kerbstones on the central reservation, or some concerning raised ironwork on the carriageways’ periphery. Not a massive hoor of a bridge over one of the two major east-flowing rivers, which has run from the Ladder Hills to the North Sea, with its attendant siping weet floodplain below Fintray. That’s not snagging, it’s a major structural flaw. Of course, given that the city and its environs is a huge village, the claiks and gossips are already having the time of their lives with this one, but I doubt, given the drawing-teeth reluctance of the government responsible (see FOI request performance since 2007) to be as open and transparent as it demands from others, we’ll get anything of any substance by way of explanation other than blustering finger-pointing.

- The incompetent Mathieson , who replaced the far more worthy Keith Brown in the job (who in turn repaced the utterly-bewildered Jimmy Clitheroe, now masquerading as Finance Secretary for fuuck’s sake), chose yesterday, just as Parliament was easing itself into its festive break, to release the news of the delay to the opening of a major bridge (A MAJOR BRIDGE!!), despite having had this information to hand two days before. That IS a scandal.

The problem is, devolution has stalled in Edinburgh. Despite its historic claims to be in favour of maximum subsidiarity, the current government has emasculated local authorities through legal and fiscal means rather than extending powers to as close to the people as possible. It was galling to hear the beetroot-heided Ewing talk of the CFP on the radio two days ago as being far too centralised, with no hint of irony. One wonders what the feds, the fire bobbies and local authoriities thought of that hypocritical pish.

Merry Christmas from north of the Don.

All well and good, but Mathieson doesn't build the ****ing hing himsel.

It's Galliford dinna-try, and Balfour-cheatty that are the issue here. Majpor national builders who couldn't hack working in ABZ.

Boy I work with wife is/was involved in the administration side of it.

By all accounts they had major issues with large groups of boys just disappearing overnight to other jobs down south despite paying good money, it's common in the construction industry with a lot of folk getting paid weekly.

I used to be involved in infrastructure projects down south and we are absolutely mired in red tape (mostly for good reasons).

I'm quite surprised it opened as quickly as it did having heard the same old issues that plague these jobs in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    All well and good, but Mathieson doesn't build the ****ing hing himsel.

It's Galliford dinna-try, and Balfour-cheatty that are the issue here. Majpor national builders who couldn't hack working in ABZ.
    Funny, your man Flynn at the cooncil didna like it when, on hypocritically dissing the current local authority executive for delays to the opening of the Art Gallery, I reminded him that Marie Boulton wisna there in her dungarees applying the skim coat of plaster hersel. I probably wid, if you’re interested. Fabulous frontage.

Furthermore, in countering your logic in suggesting that Mathieson may be absolved of responsibility, I’ll still cheer if the day dawns when Tony Blair is tried in the Hague, despite his never, to my knowledge, having dropped bombs on Mosul, although the murdering arsehole would probably have had a hard-on at the thought.

Well back on topic .

The bottom line is we now have a fantastic bypass worthy of an oil rich city .

Which should have been done in 74 .
    Shame on the previous governments for bypassing Aberdeen and wasting our oil money elsewhere .

Well don't our Scottish government.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast