+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen bypass

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I have no idea who Andrew Bowie is. My thoughts are my own, rather than on-message regurgitations of officially-sanctioned spin from Nat Central or Shiny Shiny Kingsfordy Thing Milne-Brown-nosing Inc.

Two things:

- a bit of snagging work is to be expected. A thinner than required topping of tar laid on a 20m section of an off-slip perhaps. Maybe a couple of poorly-bedded kerbstones on the central reservation, or some concerning raised ironwork on the carriageways’ periphery. Not a massive hoor of a bridge over one of the two major east-flowing rivers, which has run from the Ladder Hills to the North Sea, with its attendant siping weet floodplain below Fintray. That’s not snagging, it’s a major structural flaw. Of course, given that the city and its environs is a huge village, the claiks and gossips are already having the time of their lives with this one, but I doubt, given the drawing-teeth reluctance of the government responsible (see FOI request performance since 2007) to be as open and transparent as it demands from others, we’ll get anything of any substance by way of explanation other than blustering finger-pointing.

- The incompetent Mathieson , who replaced the far more worthy Keith Brown in the job (who in turn repaced the utterly-bewildered Jimmy Clitheroe, now masquerading as Finance Secretary for fuuck’s sake), chose yesterday, just as Parliament was easing itself into its festive break, to release the news of the delay to the opening of a major bridge (A MAJOR BRIDGE!!), despite having had this information to hand two days before. That IS a scandal.

The problem is, devolution has stalled in Edinburgh. Despite its historic claims to be in favour of maximum subsidiarity, the current government has emasculated local authorities through legal and fiscal means rather than extending powers to as close to the people as possible. It was galling to hear the beetroot-heided Ewing talk of the CFP on the radio two days ago as being far too centralised, with no hint of irony. One wonders what the feds, the fire bobbies and local authoriities thought of that hypocritical pish.

Merry Christmas from north of the Don.
    Vintage I really don't want to get off on the wrong foot with you. But I really must challenge the nonsense your spouting. The Aberdeen by-pass has been mooted for the last 40 years and successive Governments both WM and Holyrood have done feck all about it. Its the SNP who have stepped up and delivered surely some credit is due. Also the Queensferry crossing is another achievement. The duelling of Aberdeen to Inverness will also be delivered by this administration so come on min be fair.

I’m obviously not from the area but why the f*ck would anyone want to bypass Aberdeen? Wierdos

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m obviously not from the area but why the f*ck would anyone want to bypass Aberdeen?
    Ha good een. I avoid it unless going to Pittodrie(when I rarely drive) or going to a random game south of the city or gig in Glasgow. Its a waste of life driving through Aberdeen at peak times.

I’ve really no desire to bandy words with a belligerent-when-drunk age-uncertain once-a-decade poster, but the AWPR route was announced (fast link a rabbit from the hat) by Tavish Scott as Transport Minister well in advance of the 2007 election. You’ll recall, if you were sober, the fact that then First Minister McConnell was in Aberdeen on the day of the announcement, and was practically snogged as a reward by the fragrant ginge Amanda Harvie of the Chamber of Commerce or Grampian Enterprise or somesuch organisation. The lucky baastard. In fact the alleged Strichen ***ual predator described the boy Walton, acting for objectors to the chosen route as ‘the most hated man in Scotland’ because it held up Scott’s plans inherited by whatever useless tosser became Transport Secretary (Keith Brown was at least competent).

The second Forth crossing was also given the green light before 2007. Check it out.

The SNP has form, of course, claiming the completion of the A74/M8/M77 link as their own. You may remember that Rosie Kane, SSP MSP was the leader of the campaign to try to save the bit of Glasgow Green that it cut through.

Salmond had also claimed to have introduced free over-60s bus travel, introduced in 2006. The lying prick.

Two final words:

Kevin

Stewart

****ing useless.

Happy new year, if you can remember which year it is.

Kind regards.

LVIIv

I’ve really no desire to bandy words with a belligerent-when-drunk age-uncertain once-a-decade poster, but the AWPR route was announced (fast link a rabbit from the hat) by Tavish Scott as Transport Minister well in advance of the 2007 election. You’ll recall, if you were sober, the fact that then First Minister McConnell was in Aberdeen on the day of the announcement, and was practically snogged as a reward by the fragrant ginge Amanda Harvie of the Chamber of Commerce or Grampian Enterprise or somesuch organisation. The lucky baastard. In fact the alleged Strichen ***ual predator described the boy Walton, acting for objectors to the chosen route as ‘the most hated man in Scotland’ because it held up Scott’s plans inherited by whatever useless tosser became Transport Secretary (Keith Brown was at least competent).

The second Forth crossing was also given the green light before 2007. Check it out.

The SNP has form, of course, claiming the completion of the A74/M8/M77 link as their own. You may remember that Rosie Kane, SSP MSP was the leader of the campaign to try to save the bit of Glasgow Green that it cut through.

Salmond had also claimed to have introduced free over-60s bus travel, introduced in 2006. The lying prick.

Two final words:

Kevin

Stewart

****ing useless.

Happy new year, if you can remember which year it is.

Kind regards.

LVIIv
    . Thank you for that Vintage do you enjoy trying to make others feel inferior ?

, I reminded him that Marie Boulton wisna there in her dungarees applying the skim coat of plaster hersel. I probably wid, if you’re interested. Fabulous frontage. .
    At the first kingsford planning hearing, the quine wisna shy about putting herself oot front, as I made much mention of at the time. She'd make an interesting WYOWYN

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    She'd make an interesting WYOWYN
    Ach i would

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Well back on topic .

The bottom line is we now have a fantastic bypass worthy of an oil rich city .

Which should have been done in 74 .
    Shame on the previous governments for bypassing Aberdeen and wasting our oil money elsewhere .

Well don't our Scottish government.
    It is a good bypass as I found out for the first time yesterday, I noticed the sign leaving the riviera.....Aberdeen Airport 15 miles.......no more stuck in traffic trying to get to Dyce and importantly......no more lining the pockets of taxi firms as I used to say when paying......”how much!!”

The company always paid the fares but still relative.

Can confirm that the journey to Stoney from oop north is made far more palatable by the lengthy new stretch of tarmac.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Can confirm that the journey to Stoney from oop north is made far more palatable by the lengthy new stretch of tarmac.
    I went the Stoney to Airport road for the first time last night. 32 minutes from Stoney to Meldrum. Thats incomplete to so it may get quicker than that. Im happy enough. Driving in toon a thing of the past

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast