+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Aberdeen bypass

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Going for a hurl along the newly opened piece at dennertime today.

Just to familiarise myself.

I like to think of myself as a semi decent driver with good awareness, but some bits of the new road are confusing as hell.

Interesting that its already causing big tailbacks on the A944 at the Kingswells south roundabout, both getting on the new road and coming off it.

Suppose it will take a few months for the traffic to sort itself out.
    So all that sh*te they have packed up the don bridge is holding so far then. Good to hear.

Got my first shottie coming back down to Edinburgh today. Went from the town centre out to Blackdog just so I could do the whole route to Stonehaven. Great road, loved it.

I got home from Airdrie in 2 hrs 29 mins on sat. The new road is definatley a boost

Also 17 mins from my mas in Ellon to park at Froghall yrsterday. Nice one

If you are heading North up the A90 and you get past Stonehaven why does it tell you to hit the AWPR if you want to go to the harbour? Shirley the quickest route is to hud gan across the bridge and along Riverside Drive then down by Union Square?

Just wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    If you are heading North up the A90 and you get past Stonehaven why does it tell you to hit the AWPR if you want to go to the harbour? Shirley the quickest route is to hud gan across the bridge and along Riverside Drive then down by Union Square?

Just wondered.
    Even before the bypass, our signs have always said that. They used to direct you across the old Cove flyover and down Wellington Road. To be fair, before the bypass, avoiding the Bridge Of Dee was a must, nowadays the Bridge Of Dee is a piece of pi$$.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Even before the bypass, our signs have always said that. They used to direct you across the old Cove flyover and down Wellington Road. To be fair, before the bypass, avoiding the Bridge Of Dee was a must, nowadays the Bridge Of Dee is a piece of pi$$.
    Fit about the haudagain? Have they started work there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Fit about the haudagain? Have they started work there yet?
    Aye, its hard to see from the road, but we flew over it the other day on the chopper and you could clearly see the outline of where the road will be. F**k knows when it will be finished mind.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789