+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen bypass

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    I drove past the Dyce bridge yesterday and seemed like an affa lot of work still to be done on that.
    I thought that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Is there a way i could get to Portlethen open yet. From Dyce or wherever. Im heading south on saturday and need to swing in past en route. Nae sure the set up
    Aye, you come off at the Cleanhill roundabout, the only one on the route, head to Charelston, then doon the existing dualler to Portsmelly

Thinking about driving through the bypass for the first time on Sunday must say it looks an amazing network of road looking at the YouTube videos

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Aye, you come off at the Cleanhill roundabout, the only one on the route, head to Charelston, then doon the existing dualler to Portsmelly
    Cheers min

I read today that the last bit is ready but the opening is being held up in some contract wrangle.

I passed it this morning and there still seemed a lot of activity around the bridge supports over the Don.

Im needing that bitty open.Stoney to the airport is rapid now. The extra bit to Newmacharish will make it quicker again

15 years of pissing aboot

Good article here - the road is complete, but won't be signed off until there are assurances about the long term reliability of the bridge across the Don.

https://www.roads.org.uk/blog/whats-...berdeen-bypass

Going for a hurl along the newly opened piece at dennertime today.

Just to familiarise myself.

I like to think of myself as a semi decent driver with good awareness, but some bits of the new road are confusing as hell.

Interesting that its already causing big tailbacks on the A944 at the Kingswells south roundabout, both getting on the new road and coming off it.

Suppose it will take a few months for the traffic to sort itself out.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast