+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good pub lunch

Good pub lunch

Hard to find a good pub lunch. Most of them are frozen dinners.

I remember the days when there was just a few cheese and onions cobs wrapped up in cling film at the bar. Plus you'd always buy a packet of Big D nuts off a card just to see what the woman was wearing underneath

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hard to find a good pub lunch. Most of them are frozen dinners.
    try the queens head in wednesbury

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    I remember the days when there was just a few cheese and onions cobs wrapped up in cling film at the bar. Plus you'd always buy a packet of Big D nuts off a card just to see what the woman was wearing underneath
    That brings back memories, miss big d nuts was doing a promotion at a a trade warehouse i was working for BT. she signed a big poster with the words Thanks for a great night Lloyd. I put in the office wall at West Park at Wolverhampton where i was based.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    A bit out of the way fromWest Brom, but the Great Westen at Bewdley Does Cheese or Ham cobs with the filling looking like it was cut with a chopper !

Ashwood garden centre at Prestwood near Kingswinford does an excellent choice of lunches and Sunday roasts.

I often see Dave Hill from Slade having his dinner there with his wife.

Tight git!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Ashwood garden centre at Prestwood near Kingswinford does an excellent choice of lunches and Sunday roasts.

I often see Dave Hill from Slade having his dinner there with his wife.

Tight git!
    Trousers or financial?

The pub behind our house (a fif**** yard walk across a street) has reopened three weeks ago having been shut for 13 years after a chap got stabbed to death with a sharpened screwdriver. It was always well dodgy and we have a mass of pubs around where we live but none like this. The place has been completely gutted, fireplace opened up and a range of 17 beers installed. The food is sensational and it's been rammed ever since. I can almost fall out of bed into the bar. My wife is worried for my health, mental and physical. It's what I've always dreamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    The pub behind our house (a fif**** yard walk across a street) has reopened three weeks ago having been shut for 13 years after a chap got stabbed to death with a sharpened screwdriver. It was always well dodgy and we have a mass of pubs around where we live but none like this. The place has been completely gutted, fireplace opened up and a range of 17 beers installed. The food is sensational and it's been rammed ever since. I can almost fall out of bed into the bar. My wife is worried for my health, mental and physical. It's what I've always dreamed of.
    “Wife?

Why would you bother having one of those now?

The Pub Lunch is now a great British institution.

At my local they have Greek, French, Middle Eastern and Asian dishes on the menu and good old staples such as Steak and Kidney Pie. You can eat veggie you can eat vegan. It might not be cordon bleu but it's tasty and at £12 for 2 courses great value. Wash it down with Dark Star APA at £3.80 a pint (bargain down here.) Can't beat it imo.

Contrast it to when I was a lad when Scampi in the basket was considered the height of sophistication.

The British Pub. Just something else we do better than anyone else.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 27-11-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)