+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Reading ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Absolutely Joel, that last 20 mins after the goal was as bad as I've seen us all season (including WBA). Play like that on Saturday we'll get nothing. I don't want to be over-critical, but Pablo had an off-day, Douglas, apart from a couple of crosses, looked very suspect defensively, Baker did absolutely nothing for 45 minutes, Dallas may be willing, and yes he scored, but he doesn't bring anything more than 'willing journeyman' to the team, and Saiz has really lost something since the first couple of games. And as for Alioski......

We're really missing Ayling, and we really need Jansson back for Saturday. The way I'm looking at it, if we can hang on in there in or around the top two until Ayling is back, and hopefully Brown comes in and lives up to expectations as well, and then we can avoid injuries to key players for the rest of the season, then we really do have a chance. But if we play like we did tonight in the first half, or the latter part of the second half, over a number of games, then I'm not so confident. Perhaps I'm being hyper-critical, or my expectations are too high, but I see what we can do when we're 'on it', so it's doubly hard to take when we don't play to our capabilities / potential.
    Douglas is crap, it isn't hard to see why Wolves didn't fancy him in the PL now. He has a good cross on him but not a lot else going on.

Baker and Harrison are frustrating me, both been given chances and neither have ever shown they're worthy of a starting 11 spot.

Really hope Jansson is back for Sheff Utd, I'd happily take a draw out of that one right now as I fear that game could easily be a repeat of what happened to us vs West From because they will attack with pace and accuracy and they've got strikers who don't waste chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Some save there.
    Eh Rev.
    Sure was billy

And to think some arsoles on here wanted him dropped

Grateful for the 3 points but we (yet again) got away with one tonight.

Play like that Saturday and its a walloping.

Just one point re. Alioski's dive, it was actually no different to the pen that Brentford got, except that he got his timing in terms of when to start going down slightly wrong. And I seem to remember quite a few 'pundits' claiming that was a penalty because BPF was going to foul the Brentford player anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Douglas is crap, it isn't hard to see why Wolves didn't fancy him in the PL now. He has a good cross on him but not a lot else going on.

Baker and Harrison are frustrating me, both been given chances and neither have ever shown they're worthy of a starting 11 spot.

Really hope Jansson is back for Sheff Utd, I'd happily take a draw out of that one right now as I fear that game could easily be a repeat of what happened to us vs West From because they will attack with pace and accuracy and they've got strikers who don't waste chances.
    That's an interesting call on Douglas, Joel. That was a poor challenge for the penalty no doubt about it, but I recall the commentator saying his last ditch tackles on at least 2 or 3 other occasions actually saved the situation for us. Probably lacks the pushing forward threat that other fullbacks provide, but I thought he had been doing a reasonably solid job in all the games I seen. Particularly with other key defenders missing.

They all have their weaknesses, but I think a back four/five picked from Ayling, Cooper, Jansson, Douglas, Berardi, Phillips, Pearce is as good as anything in the Championship. I do wonder why Bielsa seems so reluctant to give Pearce a chance though. And I still think if Alioski has any role in the first team it's as a wing-back rather than a winger.

I've asked my daughter to dictate her view on the night ................. she sits a couple of rows behind our dugout.

She thought Dallas played really well, given his defensive liabilities and being played out of position .........Pablo and Saiz working together made a lot of difference even 'tho both off their top 'A' game and Saiz on '4 yellows' doesn't help his up and at 'em style but with Clark on the pitch with him he came alive for a decent spell.Well done to BPF who answered a few critics who forget he's only 22,apparently we could have had four or five and they could have had two or three. She wasn't surprised we were 'open(for counter attack) on a shocking bitter cold wet Leeds evening with all 'our non defenders' doing a stern job as stand in's - three points and second so cannot ask for more.Shackleton got the verbals from an irate Bielsa for being out of position before the penalty lead up she recalled.

She thinks that on 'ere a lot of you often underestimate the fitness of the likes of Douglas, Dallas, Alioski, etc. and that their movement is non stop even in the last minutes there're running up and down the pitch. Our system doesn't work if that type of fitness and determination isn't present. Even Hernandez too puts in a shift,Clarke who played in yesterday's game too gave it full whack afte playing two days in a row and at that level can be really tough but credit to the kid.
    Credit to Cooper and Phillips at centre back as coming away from these two games with two clean sheets is huge given all the make shift defences we’ve had.
    The Forshaw/Baker/Klich didn’t work so she would get Klich back into the centre where he looks one of the best in the Championship and as for Baker she was sure he'll be disappointed as Bielsa will too.
    Again she states Saiz (which I agree) should be starting as we look much better with him on the pitch. He opens up space and he occupies a defender at all times even when he’s playing poor (which many folks don't appreciate).
    Shes seen every game home & away (more than me) so I'm not gonna argue !

13 points from 6 games. Promotion (POINTS) form ?
    ...yet some folks still want more from a team missing important players and moan about that 20 minute spell of which Reading with respect had to have a go at us,Mmm ...............Looking forward to the Blades on Saturday & confident WE can do a job on 'em !

MOT

Douglas is one of our best players.
    If one of our best players is crap, dosent say much about the rest.
    And then, how come we are second, often top.
    Only in my humble opinion though.

Watched the game again (taped it) and have got to say Lewis Baker & Gjanni Alioski in that 1st half were both very very poor..especially Baker!

Stole a wage last night those 2..shocking!
    Last edited by Rev72; 28-11-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    I've asked my daughter to dictate her view on the night ................. she sits a couple of rows behind our dugout.

She thought Dallas played really well, given his defensive liabilities and being played out of position .........Pablo and Saiz working together made a lot of difference even 'tho both off their top 'A' game and Saiz on '4 yellows' doesn't help his up and at 'em style but with Clark on the pitch with him he came alive for a decent spell.Well done to BPF who answered a few critics who forget he's only 22,apparently we could have had four or five and they could have had two or three. She wasn't surprised we were 'open(for counter attack) on a shocking bitter cold wet Leeds evening with all 'our non defenders' doing a stern job as stand in's - three points and second so cannot ask for more.Shackleton got the verbals from an irate Bielsa for being out of position before the penalty lead up she recalled.

She thinks that on 'ere a lot of you often underestimate the fitness of the likes of Douglas, Dallas, Alioski, etc. and that their movement is non stop even in the last minutes there're running up and down the pitch. Our system doesn't work if that type of fitness and determination isn't present. Even Hernandez too puts in a shift,Clarke who played in yesterday's game too gave it full whack afte playing two days in a row and at that level can be really tough but credit to the kid.
    Credit to Cooper and Phillips at centre back as coming away from these two games with two clean sheets is huge given all the make shift defences we’ve had.
    The Forshaw/Baker/Klich didn’t work so she would get Klich back into the centre where he looks one of the best in the Championship and as for Baker she was sure he'll be disappointed as Bielsa will too.
    Again she states Saiz (which I agree) should be starting as we look much better with him on the pitch. He opens up space and he occupies a defender at all times even when he’s playing poor (which many folks don't appreciate).
    Shes seen every game home & away (more than me) so I'm not gonna argue !

13 points from 6 games. Promotion (POINTS) form ?
    ...yet some folks still want more from a team missing important players and moan about that 20 minute spell of which Reading with respect had to have a go at us,Mmm ...............Looking forward to the Blades on Saturday & confident WE can do a job on 'em !

MOT
    She makes some good points Mrs O - Agree about Saiz in particular, Admittedly had a few poor performances earlier this season - but compared to Allioski........

Also agree about the moaning about the last 20 minutes - Second with more injuries so far than I can remember this far into a season, and Reading did what many others seem to do - stifle and spoil and time waste, there are NO easy games.

Douglas "Crap" ???? Beggars belief, Thank god we played two "Crap" wing backs last night - cos one made the only goal the other scored it.

Wouldn't write us off against Sheffield Utd just yet, On another day Roofe would have had at least two, and Saiz / Douglas could/should easily have scored - we are making the chances.

Just need someone to sort little Billy out early doors Saturday!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)