+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Reading ***Matchday Thread***

get in dallas... well done come on leeds

Edge of the seat that , well done BPF , good for his confidence
    Young Clarke should have played in Saiz , Bielsa will not be happy with that
    3 points , keep Marching On but we need to be less careless against the Blades on Sat lunchtime
    MOT

Glad to win that - Reading slightly better than they have been but a gulf of difference between us and them, the score flattered them.

Great to hear Cooper and Clarke in the commentary, Cooper did some good work and the young lad Clarke, has some learning to do, but showed great potential.

Results went our way tonight, not often I am giving credit to Dull and K enders

Would be nice if BPF was given some credit now instead of having calls for him to be dropped (and I'm not just taking about the penalty save, from all accounts he has played well tonight).

super save from bpf , will be a huge boost to his confidence going forward. good 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Would be nice if BPF was given some credit now instead of having calls for him to be dropped (and I'm not just taking about the penalty save, from all accounts he has played well tonight).
    And Dallas too who has been standing in wherever asked.

Didn't get an answer earlier, but does anyone know how serious Jansson's injury is? Really would prefer him back in for Saturday's big match.

That performance after the goal was embarrassing.

It was like our players thought they were too good to lose once we went ahead, if Reading had scored it would have been entirely our teams fault because they are not a good side.

It is a shame because the 20 mins after half time were brilliant and barring 2 wonder saves from their keeper we could have had 2/3 goals before we scored.

Really REALLY can't afford to do that against Sheff Utd, they'd absolutely tear us a new one as they're too organised and ruthless especially in a derby, bloody Sharp will be counting down the days watching us play like that.

Agreed, Blades had the same amount of possession we allowed Reading, and put 3past Brentford, we have been put on notice.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    That performance after the goal was embarrassing.

It was like our players thought they were too good to lose once we went ahead, if Reading had scored it would have been entirely our teams fault because they are not a good side.

It is a shame because the 20 mins after half time were brilliant and barring 2 wonder saves from their keeper we could have had 2/3 goals before we scored.

Really REALLY can't afford to do that against Sheff Utd, they'd absolutely tear us a new one as they're too organised and ruthless especially in a derby, bloody Sharp will be counting down the days watching us play like that.
    Absolutely Joel, that last 20 mins after the goal was as bad as I've seen us all season (including WBA). Play like that on Saturday we'll get nothing. I don't want to be over-critical, but Pablo had an off-day, Douglas, apart from a couple of crosses, looked very suspect defensively, Baker did absolutely nothing for 45 minutes, Dallas may be willing, and yes he scored, but he doesn't bring anything more than 'willing journeyman' to the team, and Saiz has really lost something since the first couple of games. And as for Alioski......

We're really missing Ayling, and we really need Jansson back for Saturday. The way I'm looking at it, if we can hang on in there in or around the top two until Ayling is back, and hopefully Brown comes in and lives up to expectations as well, and then we can avoid injuries to key players for the rest of the season, then we really do have a chance. But if we play like we did tonight in the first half, or the latter part of the second half, over a number of games, then I'm not so confident. Perhaps I'm being hyper-critical, or my expectations are too high, but I see what we can do when we're 'on it', so it's doubly hard to take when we don't play to our capabilities / potential.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)