+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ayr United leaders

Ayr had a better shape to them. We played three in midfield yet played around the back then launched it so what was the point? Ayr have some good players and a better team.
    But the manner of defeat is down to Ayr wanting it much more than us. More energy, winning the second ball, pressing we never matched them.
    How many times did Shankland barge through our defence and get a shot away? Shameful stuff.

He had the better players too, and that was with a couple missing

Ayr results speak for themselves going back a year or two now, high scoring, solid at the back, they look better than at least three prem sides, a side that's been together for 2-3 years and suffered relegation but bounced back and grown

It's highly unlikely we will get automatic promotion after two such thumpings at home, that's not the sign of potential league winners, however if we bounce back next week then we are still right in there such is the nature of the division this year...

Neilson won't have a budget to buy his way out of this mess, so it will need to be good team tactics, including motivation and inspiring players to adopt a winning mentality .

Maybe a few loan players might help - surely Neilson will already have a couple of loan players in mind.

Neilson now knows his best and weakest players - I think he will sort this out, but moving the slow, under performing players out of Tannadice won't be easy ( who would want to sign them or offer them the same wages ) ?

Last night's result will also cost United money in future match day sales as attendance numbers will probably go down .

I know you're right about the attendances will probably go down after last night but I've never understood that. Surely you support the team through the good times and the bad, not just when we are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    I know you're right about the attendances will probably go down after last night but I've never understood that. Surely you support the team through the good times and the bad, not just when we are winning.
    All football clubs have some fans who don't attend all matches for various reasons ( hardship, bad weather, work, illness, transport etc ) - bad results can also put people off, along with the quality of football on offer.

This is not just a United thing, all clubs have some fans who are selective on when they attend games - but bad results like last night will cost United gate money.

I thought the ten day breaks would help us but in hindsight it probably didn’t. Players started to believe their own hype without being tested out except v Alloa.

It all came crashing down to earth last night. Still trying to get my head around it but one thing clear that defence gave shankland a ridiculous amount of space all night

10 day breaks rarely help - history seems to tell us that. But no excuse

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I thought the ten day breaks would help us but in hindsight it probably didn’t. Players started to believe their own hype without being tested out except v Alloa.

It all came crashing down to earth last night. Still trying to get my head around it but one thing clear that defence gave shankland a ridiculous amount of space all night
    It wasnt just Shankland that was given the freedom of Tannadice last night, every single Ayr United player had time on the ball for most of the game. The worst thing is, some part o a full shilling told Shankland he was not good enough for us! Im sure Joaby and Shankland used their experience here for motivation.

we're no good for shankland nor sanfranko to be honest. shankland wouldnt have score for us last night and sanfranko would have if he had been playing for Ayr.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)