+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millers Memoirs... QPR

Millers Memoirs... QPR

Nothing of much worth to speak about really. Meetings between the two sides have been few and far between.
    We beat them 1-0 a couple of years ago. A rare win in what was a disastrous season for us.
    We've suffered a few heavy defeats to QPR in the past, usually at their place. The most recent being a 1-5 hammering in the same disastrous season as our rare home win.

I find them a strange club. Certainly not a big club, yet a club that has enjoyed many spells in the top flight throughout their history, along with some famous names having worn the distinctive blue and white hoops. To me, they wouldn't look out of place in League 1(where they did have a brief spell a few years ago and didn't look out of place), as much as they don't look out of place in the Premier league.
    They've enjoyed the benefit of wealthy ownership and parachute payments and look to be competing at the top this season despite a shaky start, which will probably mean they won't need Ryan Manning back just yet, which is good for us.

Around 1982 we beat them at Millmoor 1-0. It wasn't a particularly good game, most notable for King Ronnie getting sent off for kicking their keeper in the throat. Ronnie joked with the ref saying it was the first thing he'd caught all afternoon, the ref obviously didn't have a sense of humour and off Ronnie went. Can't remember too much else about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Around 1982 we beat them at Millmoor 1-0. It wasn't a particularly good game, most notable for King Ronnie getting sent off for kicking their keeper in the throat. Ronnie joked with the ref saying it was the first thing he'd caught all afternoon, the ref obviously didn't have a sense of humour and off Ronnie went. Can't remember too much else about the game.
    Think Seasman scored the winner that day, bad tempered game

I remember the game where Ronnie got sent off. There was a lot of over-reaction from the QPR players, and despite the supposed "serious injury" to keeper Hucker, he played in QPR's next game.

Been to a few at Loftus Road - including the one on the awful plastic pitch when Gerry Francis collided with the goalpost when trying to block a Millers shot, and hurt his knee. He never payed again. Match finished 1-1.

Another early season away game, in very hot conditions, when Paul Shaw scored for us and Furlong missed lots of sitters for QPR. Finished 1-1, but the Millers went on a terrible run shortly afterwards, Shaw was plagued by injures and we got relegated at the end of the season

More recently a 4-2 defeat at Loftus Road. An entertaining game for the neutrals, but some poor Millers defending.
    We played well in patches and at 3-2 looked like we might grab a point, but then the ref gave QPR a penalty for a blatant dive, which killed off the game.

Went to QPR when Rodney Marsh played we got hammered.Every time the ball landed on top of the stand roof you got covered in rust.We have only ever played them 16 times.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 27-11-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Didn't we hold the record with QPR for the longest amount of added time? The day Gerry Gow got sent off and the mass brawl by the tunnel at Millmoor. I can't remember much else about the game to be honest.

The mid 70's QPR team was one of the best teams that never won the league , missed out by a point I believe to Liverpool .

Stan Bowles , Gerry Francis , Phil Parkes , Dave Thomas , David Webb , Frank McClintock , Don Masson etc , played some really stylish attacking football under Dave ***ton .

My first week as a supporter, 0-6 away. One of the Doc's first matches. Dave Watson's debut.

Went to the 1-1 in '82 plastic pitch and all that, remember it as a 14 year old went down on rileys i think, and i got served a beer in the ground and couldn't believe it!!

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Went to the 1-1 in '82 plastic pitch and all that, remember it as a 14 year old went down on rileys i think, and i got served a beer in the ground and couldn't believe it!!
    Probably the donkey jacket swung it with SMW on the back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast