+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Finances again

Finances again

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...vals-1-4834962

Nothing really new but never hurts for a black and white reminder...

This tells the story...

Name:  Wages.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  97.1 KB

Dundee are pushing the boat out a bit. Better be careful or a 3rd stint in the brown stuff could sneak up on them.

Don’t believe for a minute Accies pay more than us!

The comparison of extremes is staggering but don't let the numbers of some teams make you think players at the lower end of this league aren't doing pretty well for themselves regardless of what other teams are paying.
    I would find a median base pay just as meaningful if not more so.
    Average for the clubs in the bottom half are likely relatively "lower" because the budget for a smaller 1st team squad size will tend to lead to a considerable number of squad players and young ones not yet established.

So, given the numbers quoted are the average base pay & doesn't include bonuses or incentives I'd say the majority of 1st team players of any club in this league should still be thankful for commanding what I consider an above average income.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Don’t believe for a minute Accies pay more than us!
    Overall they probably don't but I suspect we have a bigger first team squad which will drag average per player down.

Dundee always seems to have a bit more than us as you would expect from a 'city' club, even a small one. Killie being so much higher is the surprise for me - quirk of squad squad size, gambling a little while under an excellent manager or do they just have more income from somewhere? Looking at their crowds on telly they'd been declining for years until recently although I suppose being able to flog both ends to the Old Firm is a bit of a boost.

Average figures can be very misleading as they don't take into account squad size. One or two surprises for me like Killie as they are pushing the boat out and St Johnstone and certainly Accies seem to be splashing out more than you'd think they could justify. Dundee is no shock and I thought they'd be paying more as their eyes are always greedier than their bank account.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)