+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The managerial roundabout.

The managerial roundabout.

We football fans have little patience when our team start losing games consistently. Ten matches seems to be the rule of thumb before we start agitating for the incumbent to be sacked. Particularly when we are near the drop zone. Currently Wednesday and Chesterfield fans are going through this process and the usual criteria is demanded that the new manager must be very experienced in the relevant league with a record of saving clubs from relegation. I am more than happy with our manager at Oakwell but looking back over some seasons it seems that some of the best managers in developing good teams have been young and inexperienced. I think some of the best performances were provided by Alan Clarke, Norman Hunter, Danny Wilson, Paul Heckingbottom while Daniel Stendel is looking very promising.

Add Andy Ritchie to that list n all mate.

Seems a trend at this club, all bar Alan Clarke had seen what this club was about from the 'back seat ' so to speak. I always think that's the best way, Liverpool dominated football for 25 years promoting managers from within.

Stendel may prove an astute appointment. I think anything less than the play offs would be very disappointing this season considering the start we've Had, time will tell.

I keep saying Pass I'm waiting while January to see where we stand and what the owners intent is sorry for playing the broken record