+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Doonhamers vs. Harry Wraggs

Dobbie wouldn't have been surrounded by 3 defenders if we had played a extra man up front. That's why for the vast majority of the game we offered little goal threat.

Delighted with the result and it probably mattered more on this occasion than the performance but imo we were far too defensive for playing at home against a team struggling at second bottom. We set up like we were playing away from home looking for a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I thought Naysmith's defensive tactics were bang on. I have to applaud him for putting a defender at the back post at the corner near the end of the match when Jordan scooped the header off the line, - but that should be the tactic at every corner!

I thought Martin played with a lot more self belief and so I will plug away at requesting that the keepers continue to receive intensive training at cross balls.

Perversely, Dobbie's enforced absence with a hamstring issue might work to Queens' advantage! As Fatfan pointed out, in his post above, Dobbie was surrounded by 3 defenders (which has been the tactic for every club this season) and so allowing players to express themselves without feeling the requirement to 'feed the king' at every opportunity, might pose more problems for the opposition.

Against Ross County, I'd be tempted to bring Semple into midfield alongside Jacobs to increase the strength of the backbone, with Norman and Sterling on the flanks and Harkins at the top of the diamond, and Dykes as the loan front runner.

As someone suggested in an earlier post, Semple shouldn't be "staring" - he should be "starring."

Finally, regardless of whether Semple and Norman are leaving the club, we need to make the most of them while we have them, - not plan now for when we don't have them (by not playing them).........that is quite frankly insane, - particularly when we can consider replacements for them in the January window, - if and when they do depart.
    Spoke to Norman’s Father at the weekend. He’s heading home after the game against Dunfermline on Dec 15th

Any word on S. Dobbies injury would have been scanned today?

That's a pity about Norman, e was a decent player improving in every game, and a lot of fans appears to have taken to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    What was the away support number in the 1500 crowd?

was suppose to be just over 500 jags fans which left us with just under 1000 home fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    was suppose to be just over 500 jags fans which left us with just under 1000 home fans .

384 Thistle fans

Quote Originally Posted by The caulback View Post
    That's a pity about Norman, e was a decent player improving in every game, and a lot of fans appears to have taken to him.
    Definitely a good prospect and served Queens well in his short time here . I'm sure Queens fans will wish him all the best in his career in Canada.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 03-12-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    384 Thistle fans
    Yes correct it was announced with the total crowd as usual

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I thought Naysmith's defensive tactics were bang on. I have to applaud him for putting a defender at the back post at the corner near the end of the match when Jordan scooped the header off the line, - but that should be the tactic at every corner!

I thought Martin played with a lot more self belief and so I will plug away at requesting that the keepers continue to receive intensive training at cross balls.

Perversely, Dobbie's enforced absence with a hamstring issue might work to Queens' advantage! As Fatfan pointed out, in his post above, Dobbie was surrounded by 3 defenders (which has been the tactic for every club this season) and so allowing players to express themselves without feeling the requirement to 'feed the king' at every opportunity, might pose more problems for the opposition.

Against Ross County, I'd be tempted to bring Semple into midfield alongside Jacobs to increase the strength of the backbone, with Norman and Sterling on the flanks and Harkins at the top of the diamond, and Dykes as the loan front runner.

As someone suggested in an earlier post, Semple shouldn't be "staring" - he should be "starring."

Finally, regardless of whether Semple and Norman are leaving the club, we need to make the most of them while we have them, - not plan now for when we don't have them (by not playing them).........that is quite frankly insane, - particularly when we can consider replacements for them in the January window, - if and when they do depart.
    Have said this before, at 19 years old Semple has been excellent. For CB so young he has not let us down. It does look as though the thought of dropping Mercer or Fordyce to play Semple is not something GN is going to do.

Not sure why but for me it’s a strange decision and if Semple was offered the chance to stay in January he would not.

Same with Norman. A young player who has got better and better but as soon as more experienced players are fit he is dropped. Once again I doubt he would hang around even if offered the chance to stay.

I have to agree Mug........its a shame that both players 'have' to go.

Semple has proved that he is a prospect and he will definitely get games in the future down south, - but I think another few months up here would have honed him.

Norman, on the other hand has been exceptional in his development and Vancouver will be the beneficiaries.

Once again, - I'd be saying let the boy go home for Christmas and New Year, - but extend his parent club the offer to bring him back until the end of the season...........they can only say "no."

However, when they see how much he's improved in a few weeks, - they'll maybe be happy for him to come back if they don't have a starting place for him in the team.

Norman, - could go really far..........he is a tremendous player.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)