+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doonhamers vs. Harry Wraggs

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Really poor performance but a much needed win.

Norman should be starting, Semple should be staring.
    Think GN could well be preparing the team for Jan when Norman & most likely Semple will head back to their parent clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by lcfc57 View Post
    Doubt there will be anymore than a couple of hundred away fans in a crowd of 1300
    Wrong on both counts !

Not strange at all. He played in the draw at Ayr and ICT and in my opinion was the best defender in both.

I find it strange that he was benched after those games, just as I find it strange that after IMO Norman being by far our best midfielder last week he was dropped today.

It’s not strange to have an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Think GN could well be preparing the team for Jan when Norman & most likely Semple will head back to their parent clubs.
    Yes King I think you could be right.

In all fairness I think Sheffield United will be very pleased with the number of games he has played.

Loan players don’t normally play as many games as he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Wrong on both counts !
    Glad to be wrong on away support but sadly not on home crowd.
    Very fortunate win but who cares. Let’s hope Stephen isn’t too badly injured.

I was thinking that Dobbie was having one of those ineffective games where nothing comes off and was wondering if the manager has the balls to replace him when he pops up with that late winner. Just shows you what I know and the importance of this phenomena to the club. Long live the King especially for next weekend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Wrong on both counts !
    What was the away support number in the 1500 crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I was thinking that Dobbie was having one of those ineffective games where nothing comes off and was wondering if the manager has the balls to replace him when he pops up with that late winner. Just shows you what I know and the importance of this phenomena to the club. Long live the King especially for next weekend!!!
    Also the fact that Dobbie is the club captain...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Also the fact that Dobbie is the club captain...
    watching dobbie closely yesterday and noticed that for most parts he had 3 partick defenders around him. With dykes playing a bit deeper I thought queens missed a trick as there was so much space as a result of dobies marking. As a result dobbie was having to try and keep it from 3 players rather than finding a strike partner in the free space. Obviously a tactical decision to keep dykes deeper and can't argue with it as we won but it was frustrating to watch

I thought Naysmith's defensive tactics were bang on. I have to applaud him for putting a defender at the back post at the corner near the end of the match when Jordan scooped the header off the line, - but that should be the tactic at every corner!

I thought Martin played with a lot more self belief and so I will plug away at requesting that the keepers continue to receive intensive training at cross balls.

Perversely, Dobbie's enforced absence with a hamstring issue might work to Queens' advantage! As Fatfan pointed out, in his post above, Dobbie was surrounded by 3 defenders (which has been the tactic for every club this season) and so allowing players to express themselves without feeling the requirement to 'feed the king' at every opportunity, might pose more problems for the opposition.

Against Ross County, I'd be tempted to bring Semple into midfield alongside Jacobs to increase the strength of the backbone, with Norman and Sterling on the flanks and Harkins at the top of the diamond, and Dykes as the loan front runner.

As someone suggested in an earlier post, Semple shouldn't be "staring" - he should be "starring."

Finally, regardless of whether Semple and Norman are leaving the club, we need to make the most of them while we have them, - not plan now for when we don't have them (by not playing them).........that is quite frankly insane, - particularly when we can consider replacements for them in the January window, - if and when they do depart.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)