+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Match Thread vs Carlisle Utd 27.11.18

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Can't beat a soggy Tuesday in November to warm the cockles of your heart for footie. Here we go then. I've just phoned my Exeter supporting mate in Devon and he's assured me he will phone them and get them to stuff Macc and Sol for us, so no worries there then
    Whoops

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Chettle has cost us 4 points this week with a weird unwillingness to make subs. They hammered us down our right all game - Tootle should’ve come on to either replace Davies at HT or play ahead of him for the final 10/15 after we scored. Husin was a total passenger and should’ve been swapped with the more energetic Kellett. Chettle waited and waited, did nothing but sat passively on his deck chairs with Crossley and it cost us. Then they scored and he brought Shaun Brisley on in midfield. You couldn’t make it up. Before the Cheltenham game I heard on radio him described as ‘a safe pair of hands’ - ‘rabbit in the headlights’ would be more applicable.

A shame as there was at least effort from the players out there today, but with 24 shots conceded against again it’s clear Ardley has plenty of work to do.
    lets hope this is the last we see of Chettle. He has no idea and to suggest that we should have won both our last 2 games is ludicrous. We have been battered in both games and even managed to make Morecambe look like Real Madrid..

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Good points - well made. The full backs tonight were taken apart. Davies was like a startled rabbit and if Hope had been able to cross or shoot we might well have conceded a bagful. Jones was, as usual, exposed and unable to prevent opponents walking around him. As our midfield provide no protection, other than running or jogging around, depending on who is involved - we invariably suffer wave after wave of opposition attacks. They had 2 spells in the 1st half where they knocked about 30 odd passes without a challenge. The last 10 minutes was an absolute 'mare!
    I think it was more like 50 passes....This is the worst Notts team i have ever seen. Absolute garbage and the buck stops with the fool who sanctioned all of these crap signings, apart from Turley.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    It's a little bit dramatic. The main thing to consider is that at this level, the players are all very much of a similar ability. What we need from Ardley and Cox is good man management and creating a positive dressing room, only then will we start to see improvements. I've still got hope.
    I disagree. Carlisle had better players than us last night. Do you really think Davies, Patching, Husin, Jones or Milsom would get in their starting 11?

The only players from our squad of 38 who would get a game for most L2 clubs are Enzio and Hemmings - and they're both injured.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 28-11-2018 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Whoops
    Yes that went well didn't it

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789