+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

I quite enjoyed the game but was disappointed with the result in the end even though a draw was probably a fair outcome.
    I feared the worst when Wood came on because we're just not capable of defending a lead and it shouldn't even be a consideration for the manager with half an hour to go. You could say that our game management was poor from that point on but it was a self-inflicted wound.
    I still think we lack that cool head in midfield to see games out but he may already be in our squad if we can get him fit and keep him fit. Step forward Darren Potter.
    Otherwise we definitely need to be looking for a quality midfielder in January but I suspect we may have to go down the loan route again.

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    I notice that no-one has mentioned that QPR had the best player by a country mile on show,-EZE,their number 10.
    Yes I mentioned him at game, only 20 yrs old.
    Think he’d be out of our range unless QPR decide to send him on loan which would be mind boggling

Paul Warne gives to much respect to the opposition saying they deserved a point how can we match teams in this division if our own manager thinks we are not worthy of a win. To me its a feeble excuse for our lack of stability to with stand an onslaught in the final third the best defense is to attack they say but we invite teams to come at us. We should be wrapping the win up at home especially. Yes we did it against Sheff Utd but we were at home we should be closing teams down I was gutted and I bet majority on this forum were gutted . I'm not going to make an excuse and say wow we held QPR to a draw. Rotherham must Learn to stop these teams getting a point lets keep all three. Up the Millers.

Wow we haven't lost for 7 games , but we are still in the bottom 6 . Stoke 85th minute
    Bolton 84th ' ' '
    Blackburn 81st
    QPR 91st
    Last edited by thaimillerfan; 28-11-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Sorry Miller top, I don't have anything to say about the game, i was at work.
    Just trying to cheer up the guys who seem a little despondent about the result.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    ...and we WERE cheered up, jocksgloves - thank you!

I thought based on their second half performance, QPR deserved a point. Rodak twice kept us in front before he couldn't quite make the last one. The refs had some criticism, and there were some strange decisions, but he also could have given them a penalty. One of the features of ifollow is that you now get 3 or 4 replays from different camera angles.

Palmer had a decent game, especially first half. Vaulks good mostly but some of his distribution is still too rushed.

MoM for me though was Robertson - he got the kind of free header we used to give other teams, but it still had to be taken. Solid at the back too, seems a decent partnership with Ajayi.

Agree with others about the tactics / late subs - on the plus side Wood could maybe have given us that extra goal we needed. Wiles for Palmer would have been ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Ok but when your at the game in not too good conditions and the manager gets it wrong then maybe it’s understandable that some may feel a little downbeat

I’m sure all will be forgotten when we beat Norwich on Saturday 😉

Let’s hope the weather isn’t too bad

The Officials, mainly the Ref were astonishing , I think there should be a new ruling nest season that officials should be interviewed after games as to how they thought they faired and answer some questions on why they did this or that and what rule book do they actually follow.

I like to give them the benefit of doubt at games, fast flowing or player in his eye view maybe but last night was quite astonishing at times.

Just to add a final thought that some of the challenges in the first half from QPR were a bit dirty particularly the elbow on Palmer near the centre circle.
    On another day they could have been down to 10.
    Big physical side but they weren't very subtle

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes I mentioned him at game, only 20 yrs old.
    Think he’d be out of our range unless QPR decide to send him on loan which would be mind boggling
    You wish millertop, there is no way Eze is going anywhere at the moment, one of the most technically gifted players I have seen for some time. He did go a little AWOL in first half, but took second half by the scruff of the neck, I think PW brought woody on to send AjayI into midfield specifically to try and counter Eze, but unfortunately it gave them more momentum and put us completely on the back foot,or that's how it seemed. I personally wouldn't have taken Williams off, because even though he wasn't having a great game by his standards, he's a good outlet to get us down the pitch.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast