+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

QPR Post Match Thoughts

Disappointing yes and I'm sure as usual every Miller aged much more than 75 minutes in those last 75 minutes. However it shows how far we've come when we are disappointed with draws against teams like QPR and Sheffield United. All in all a much better November than 2017 and I think maybe we would have taken 6 points from 4 games if offered to us at the start of the month. So it's on to December, Norwich and that first away win.

Thoughts on tonight's game?

First of all I predicted on the Bolton game thread we would go unbeaten in November so I’m the resident expert.

Disappointing tonight and we may regret these dropped points at the end of the season. Better performances and good unbeaten run need to pick up some wins with more tough games to come.
    I thought Rodak pulled off good saves but should have saved the second one.

Onto Norwich.

Match stats suggest it was a fair result but disappointing after going so close. I'm no tactician but hate it when we go into 'protect a lead mode'. It's not comfortable to watch, we seem to sit too deep, and it never seems to work. We seemed to have more efforts on goal in the last 3 minutes of injury time than the whole of the second half.

Sooooo disappointing. Usually we finish strong, but I thought we looked leggy from 80 mins and started to drop deep. I thought it might be an omen after Rodak made two great saves, but not to be.

How did Williams get MoM?

Let's hope we can pull off a shock first away win on Sat'day.

I thought we were the better team over 90 mins, especially in the first half but I agree that we were forced too deep. Frustrating that as soon as we get pegged back, we then show some bite in pushing straight back up and nearly snatching the winner. But to keep attacking against some quality players is easier said than done. We maybe need to be stronger mentally and believe that we should keep pushing teams. We showed in the first half, particularly the first 30 mins, how decent we can be.

But going in the right direction, building belief. Just worrying as confidence can be fragile, in both players and manager. So if not picking up more points when playing well, you can't help but worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Match stats suggest it was a fair result but disappointing after going so close. I'm no tactician but hate it when we go into 'protect a lead mode'. It's not comfortable to watch, we seem to sit too deep, and it never seems to work.
    I tend to agree. Warney substitutions near the end were tactically wrong. If we had replaced like with like, I would have fancied our chances of getting the three points. Should have been Wiles on for Palmer, Forde for Williams to retain the shape of the formation - which seemed to be generally working ok. Still going to the Norwich game on Saturday - UTM!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 27-11-2018 at 10:17 PM.

I’m freezing cold and am disappointed that we didn’t put the game to bed. Instead we parked the bus and thrown away our speedy counter attacks. Only after they equalised did we press them again.

Sorry usually I’m glad for a point but this time it feels like we lost

Said at half time we needed another goal .We are not good enough to sit on a 1 goal lead . Aghh well the unbeaten run continues

StAts aside this game was there to be won poor defending for both goals, that said probably a fair result

Didnt help us when we was forced to make a change with taylor going off . Looked like he was about to bring palmer off for newell but taylor went down just before the substitution. Sorry palmer for me not good enough at this level dont think he gives us anything except one or two passes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast