+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QPR Post Match Thoughts

Seems like it was the complete opposite to Satdi's game,in that the Millers were in front twice and concede a late late equaliser.I've just seen the highlights of the game and Rodak med 2 outstandin saves,them late equalisers do ya head in don't they? No way i've i posted to tek the wazz,i want Rovrum to win when not playin The BLADES.UTCB

Really disappointed we could have done with the 3 points. We deserved them. Unfortunately the only person to blame was the manager, what a stupid substitution bringing Wood on, sitting back with 30 minutes left caused the issues. Overall I thought we were the better side specially in the first half. The first goal was a lovely move.
    Rodak. 2 wonderful saves in the second half that kept us in it.
    Vyner. An improved game I thought a steady performance.
    Mattock. Steady game, great run into the box in the second half then spoiled with a feeble shot from his swinging peg.
    Ajayi. Good game again, needs to stay at centre half though where he's probably in the top 3 in this league.
    Robertson. Good performance, took goal well. Cracking signing.
    Vaulks. Good game today, took goal well, if he had had that composure on Saturday he would have put the first half chance away.
    Palmer. Did what he needed to do quite well, I've still to see what we've paid for but today was an improvement. Wouldn't have subbed him for Wood.
    Towell. Good lay off to Vaulks for first goal but didn't do much else. I like him but he has to show more, not the player of last year.
    Taylor. Has really upped his game. Took players on and was generally a handful.
    Williams. What was he doing for their first. Nothing seemed to go right. How did he get MOM it was his worst game for weeks.
    Smith. Another good performance against a couple of decent uncompromising defenders.
    Subs did well enough when they came on. It wasn't their fault the manager chose to alter the tactics at the wrong time.
    Overall 2 very valuable points thrown away. The manager says he tells the players they are good enough to compete in this league and then goes on the defensive with 30 minutes left, surely that's like telling them they aren't good enough.

100% Warney got that wrong, why change the back four for no reason whatsoever?

I’ll take that draw though against a good QPR side, Wells had to score didn’t he ��

What did the Ref see for a couple of them fouls, fouls?

Thought Mattock was having a good game but got Ball greedy
    Vyner played better in first half than 2nd
    No way was Williams MOTM , mine was Vaulks

How good is Robertson? And what a goal
    Last edited by millertop; 27-11-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Gutted that we couldn't hang on for the win. I was thinking while we were in the lead, how nice it would be to win a game where we haven't played particularly well.
    We were good in spells but it was an error strewn performance tonight, we were too sloppy at times and a few players had a poor game. After the tremendous effort put in by each and every player so far this season, it's maybe unfair to single anyone out, they've done us proud and at least we got something out of the game.

A mention for the ref and linesman on the east stand side. They must be delighted with the point they helped QPR get.
    Disgraceful performances. How low must the standard drop to before something is done about it?

Wiles has been doing well in the reserves and although that is obviously a lower standard I would have given him a chance rather than bring Wood on and Ajayi into midfield.

Comments based on watching on I-follow:

I thought we were composed for most of the game - though not as inspired as we were on Saturday. Their first goal came as a result of some defensive indecision but I felt that ball accidentally ricocheted off Willow's foot and conveniently into the path of the QPR forward. It wasn't actively misplaced by Williams - but, yes, he could have done better. Their second goal was well taken and hard to defend against. Rodak got a hand to it but could only turn it into the side netting within the goal. It was potentially savable but he'd just pulled off two amazing saves and luck and the ability to anticipate don't go on forever...

I agree with the general view on here that we had the wrong tactics for the last twenty minutes or so in terms of substitutes and the way we allowed ourselves to be pegged back. However, as is so often the case, it was as much a new impetus from the opposing side as it was a failing on our part that led to the opposition moving into the ascendancy. I'd say the QPR substitution on 75 minutes, when a tiring Nakhi Wells was replaced by the very big, bustling attacker Smith, was even more of a game changer. QPR's options for a route to goal changed and we were not really able to respond adequately. QPR showed why they are knocking on the door of the play-offs with this strength in depth and an arsenal of attacking options we can only dream of.

Final, upbeat point. I've just noticed that Brentford - the team that gave us a real tonking in the opening game of the season - are now just one point ahead of us...oh, how things change in football!

Although I don’t think we helped with the tactics I thought they deserved the equaliser.
    Robertson is getting better every game.
    I too thought Rodak should have saved the second goal.
    I’m going Norwich on Saturday and a point would be brilliant.

Yes Brentford are tumbling down the league probably because their Manager was poached by Villa
    Bristol City also dropping down and only 2 points above us. Not surprising given their poor performance at the NYS a month or so ago
    This will happen though as teams climb up the league....PNE, QPR...and some drop back.

Thought we looked a bit jaded towards the end after saturday's exploits but we could have won it with Proctor's effort after they scored.
    Desperately needed a third goal as QPR were always capable of nicking one

A couple of additions to the squad in Jan and we'll be more than ok and 20 points by the end of Nov is very impressive.
    Perhaps one win and a draw from the next 4 games and we'll be on target at the half way point

I really enjoyed the game. The midfield that we started with was better than it had been recently and that's saying something. Eze is a great prospect but he was dealt with admirably first by vaulks and Towell but their back up Palmer was outstanding.

Palmer going off was the catalyst for them to get forrud.

Still going strong against the odds!

This could be as good as it gets so let's enjoy!

I’m not disappointed we got a point against a decent side.Disappointed how we dropped very deep instead of our pressing game,if we do that Saturday I fear the worst.Come on Paul what a great scalp a win on Saturday would be but play our game what we are good at.To be honest I don’t expect anything Saturday just be us & slug it out give them a game.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast