+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sol Campbell

Sol Campbell

You just know he’s going to be brilliant at Macclesfield 🙈🙈🙈🙈

To be honest dude he might well be and Mac might find themselves in with a chance pretty soon.... but the thing is we can't just keep hoping other teams will fail so we get out of trouble, this bunch are gonna have to pull their socks up and start dragging us out of trouble on their own... I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    You just know he’s going to be brilliant at Macclesfield ��������
    He saw through the MUNTO debacle in a few weeks, much quicker than most other players, and supporters didnt he. I dont get why there is so much negativity about him becoming a manager on that other thread tbh. It is odd when you look at the percentage of black players and then the percentage of black managers. Why is that?

Mind you I would like to finish by saying he was utterly crap at Morecambe that day! That 'performance' will live long in the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    That 'performance' will live long in the memory.
    Well the good thing is that due to it's duration it won't use up very much memory

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well the good thing is that due to it's duration it won't use up very much memory
    If ever there was a comedy appointment its this one. it is bound to fail. Sol Campbell has no morals just look at the way he treated Spurs and Notts and all this crap in the media about how he would be captain for longer for England if he was white. Yawn. The reason you werent captain is we had great captains when you played for England Shearer and Gerrard - ones who were men of their word and had backbone ( I am ignoring John terry)

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If ever there was a comedy appointment its this one. it is bound to fail. Sol Campbell has no morals just look at the way he treated Spurs and Notts and all this crap in the media about how he would be captain for longer for England if he was white. Yawn. The reason you werent captain is we had great captains when you played for England Shearer and Gerrard - ones who were men of their word and had backbone ( I am ignoring John terry)
    OOf, little bit near the knuckle there....(I'm referring to the "yawn" bit).....

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    He saw through the MUNTO debacle in a few weeks, much quicker than most other players, and supporters didnt he. I dont get why there is so much negativity about him becoming a manager on that other thread tbh. It is odd when you look at the percentage of black players and then the percentage of black managers. Why is that?

Mind you I would like to finish by saying he was utterly crap at Morecambe that day! That 'performance' will live long in the memory.
    It doesn't matter if you are Black or White in management, it only matters if you are any good.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    It doesn't matter if you are Black or White in management, it only matters if you are any good.
    I will add Kiwomya to that and there's your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think it is more of how Notts treated him, he was told a load of bullsh-t saw through it and left, what is the problem with that?
    And with the Spurs thing it was only because he moved to local rivals that the fans hated him, it was a great move for him and his career.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think it is more of how Notts treated him, he was told a load of bullsh-t saw through it and left, what is the problem with that?
    And with the Spurs thing it was only because he moved to local rivals that the fans hated him, it was a great move for him and his career.
    100k a week probably softened the abuse he took.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast