+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can we clone Turley?

Can we clone Turley?

I'm not kidding, he puts more effort into one game than a lot of our other players put into five. I'm not saying everything he does is perfect, but even when he makes mistakes, at least it's because he's trying to affect the game in some way. Ward also put a shift in tonight, but too many others didn't. My only other sympathy really is for the goalkeeper, who finds himself in a firing range every game, and Dennis, who kept trying to win impossible balls on his own despite precious little service to feet and absolutely no-one getting forward in support. Hewitt got the goal and did okay I suppose.

Must agree with you there Jackal, the rest are to lightweight we desperately need Stead, Alles, Enzo and Hemmings fit plus a couple of decent full backs and a ball winning midfielder. Milsom asn't been the same since his suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm not kidding, he puts more effort into one game than a lot of our other players put into five. I'm not saying everything he does is perfect, but even when he makes mistakes, at least it's because he's trying to affect the game in some way. Ward also put a shift in tonight, but too many others didn't. My only other sympathy really is for the goalkeeper, who finds himself in a firing range every game, and Dennis, who kept trying to win impossible balls on his own despite precious little service to feet and absolutely no-one getting forward in support. Hewitt got the goal and did okay I suppose.
    He should be the team captain ahead of Milsom. He always puts 110% effort in every game.

He has been a shining light for us during this dark season. I really hope we hold on to him after January.

Shout out to Fitz as well. I thought he would never recover from that start to the season, but he now looks a capable and confident GK.

Hewitt at least affected the game with one excellent surging run and a goal, so well done him. Thomas worked his socks off as well, so he deserves some credit. Shame his final fall is lacking.

Apart from that, we just looked so, so bad. Lucky to not be out of it by half time really. Need our injured players back ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Thomas worked his socks off as well, so he deserves some credit.
    I am sorry... but Thomas is the laziest waste of space we have in the team!!

He offers nothing defensively and nothing positive comes from his occasional attackive effort. Without the ball, we are down to ten men. He should be sent back to his parent club ASAP.. it is because of players like him we are in this mess.

I know football is a game of opinions, but I can’t see how anyone could think he “worked his socks off” ... other than Vaughn, he has been the biggest disappointment of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    I am sorry... but Thomas is the laziest waste of space we have in the team!!

He offers nothing defensively and nothing positive comes from his occasional attackive effort. Without the ball, we are down to ten men. He should be sent back to his parent club ASAP.. it is because of players like him we are in this mess.

I know football is a game of opinions, but I can’t see how anyone could think he “worked his socks off” ... other than Vaughn, he has been the biggest disappointment of the season.
    When we actually passed the ball and went down the left side he looked alright, unfortunately we spent most of the game hoofing it to Dennis and hoping the second ball would find it's way to Patching. He's the "passenger" that people wrongly accused Enzio of being imo, if you don't give him the ball you won't notice him on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    When we actually passed the ball and went down the left side he looked alright, unfortunately we spent most of the game hoofing it to Dennis and hoping the second ball would find it's way to Patching. He's the "passenger" that people wrongly accused Enzio of being imo, if you don't give him the ball you won't notice him on the pitch.
    Thomas’s runs and crosses never result in anything.

99% of his shots this season haven’t gone in and he’s missed a few one on ones.

He doesn’t track back, he doesn’t follow his man.. he doesn’t contribute unless the ball is placed perfectly to him.. he has no strength, he can’t tackle, he can’t head.. he seems to have zero enthusiasm.

I would much rather have Hawkridge on, he provides at least some cover to his fullbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    Hawkridge's runs and crosses never result in anything.

99% of his shots this season haven’t gone in and he’s missed a few one on ones.

he doesn’t contribute unless the ball is placed perfectly to him.. he has no strength, he can’t tackle, he can’t head...
    All of that can be applied to Hawkridge though with the added bonus that he can't beat a defender. At the moment I'd rather neither of them play and go with Patching (who i thought got better as the game went on and is still very early in his development in terms of playing league football) and Kellett on the left wing.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He should be the team captain ahead of Milsom. He always puts 110% effort in every game.
    I completely agree with you and Jackal. A team full of players with Turley's effort and commitment to the cause would see us higher up the table. I can accept players at this level make mistakes, it's what they do to try and rectify those and the effort they put in the rest of the time that will endure them to the fans.

Also as Slack_pie say's Fitzsimmons has also come good and recovered after his horror start to the season which shows good character and strength. Without those two in the side I hate to think how much worse we would be - probably bottom of the league.

Agree with everyone about Turley, and Fitz regaining his form this I attribute to the hard work he has done with the clubs goalkeeping coach the much criticized on here Mark Crossley.