+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy league cup

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Winnie vs Bongo 58-55
    Gornal vs Uncle Tony 55-26
    Ozfan senior vs Dazzy 59-60
    Birminghamborn vs Sam telescope 66-59

Results are in. No more Ozzys left after Dazzy pipped Ozfan to the post. Winnie was very lucky and beat me by 3 tiny points.
    Gornal smashed uncle tony and continues his good run of form. Sam out witted BB with a great score of 66.

Semi final

Winnie vs Gornal
    Dazzy vs Sam

Good luck everyone!

I won - just to clarify!

Why am drawn against Dazzy!?!?!?! I can't remember who won last year but I do know he was a thorn in my side the whole year!

Sorry Sam yes you won. Got the scores the wrong way round. It's lowest ranked player verses the highest. Dazzy is Mr consistent this season. He's gone a bit too conservative for my liking.

Looks like it's going to be Pickford who decides whether it's myself or Gornal who gets to go to Wembley on Saturday.

* Tries to hide pat of butter that might have accidentally found itself smeared on Pickford's gloves. Ooops!

Semi final results are in! I thought I would do the update ASAP because a few of you probably can't sleep waiting for the results.

Winnie vs Gornal 44-39
    Sam vs Dazzy 60-61

No stopping the Winnie train at the moment. How unlucky was Sam to go out!

Final

Winnie vs Dazzy

Congrats to the two wily veterans

Congratulations to the two of you. Dazzy has his work cut out I reckon

The ironic thing is Dazzy probably doesn't even realise he's in the final.

Thanks guys.

I kind of feel a bit guilty being in the Cup final when Sam did so much better than myself and Gornal in the semi finals - always a tough call being drawn against Mr "I've won this comp even more often than Bongo has declared his team brilliant", Dazzy Owen …

Talking of whom, I suspect our elusive Mr Owen went hunting for his old Winkle, but bumped into Noel playing "Wonderwall" in his local pub, and thought he'd get some tips on creating a fantasy football wonder wall instead. He's probably still there, lying under a table, pint glass still in hand, his team having organised themselves for the Cup League thus far. Bongo, I think you might have to pick up his suit from the dry cleaners and go and find him to tell him he's needed at Wembley.

Honestly, I didn't have any nonsense like this when I played BB in my last Cup final. He was suited and booted in claret and blue and waiting for me in the Wembley car park at 7.15 am on the dot!

A pleasure playing Gornal.

Thank you, Bongo!
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 11-12-2018 at 08:03 PM.

First things first.. hard luck Sam, unlucky pal but it’s jist the way I like to play.. sneak a late win n all that.

Thanks for the updates bongo much appreciated n don’t sell yourself short my friend I was well aware of the comp n been keeping a sneaky eye out on my opponents

Now on to my friend Winnie, well what can I say other than what absolutely dreadful and under hand tactics you appear to be using ahead of the final !! 😂 good luck and may the best picker win

Well the big Wembley final is up and running and Dazzy takes a narrow lead over Winnie 42-40 with 3 games left and all to play for.
    Both dazzy and Winnie have Hazard and Robertson so that won't make any difference tomorrow. The key results will be dazzys Aubameyang and Martial vs Winnies Salah and Alonso.
    Dazzy will be panicking about the yellow card of martial. Will he play tomorrow?

Good luck to you both!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)