+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 55 Points

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Last night Carlisle looked a level or more above us. They passed the ball at will and pressed us in our own half. I can't think of a time where a team that has played at the same level as us has had two spells of 20-30 passes in our own half without us intercepting the ball or doing anything to affect the game. That is worrying that we made them look so good, and we made ourselves look so poor.
    What did they achieve from passing the ball from side to side over that spell? Fans were moaning but we kept our shape, didn't let them through us and closed down effectively enough without players being drawn out of position creating space in behind, which is exactly what Carlisle were trying to make us do. Credit Carlisle for keeping the ball for that long but imo the team defended it well enough for the attack to finish with nothing, it was a case of us standing firm and not letting them through us.

I am fairly confident that Neal Ardley will have a big impact and quickly but with his non-appearance until his holiday is over, we are losing precious points with every game.
    Four points just went begging since Saturday. How different things would look if we had won both of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    According to Kewell, the squad wasn’t anywhere near fit enough... but I’m not convinced that fitness enters into the equation in this case. This squad look like a bunch of strangers on the pitch. They can’t even do the basics, like pass a ball accurately to a team mate and string a few passes together without losing possession.

They are weak and have no backbone.
    Fitness must enter into it, GP, If your players are knackered with twenty minutes to go but other team are still full of it, then you DO have a problem. That is when the astute manager makes his substitutions, either to go for the winning goal or to prevent the opposition from scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    What did they achieve from passing the ball from side to side over that spell? Fans were moaning but we kept our shape, didn't let them through us and closed down effectively enough without players being drawn out of position creating space in behind, which is exactly what Carlisle were trying to make us do. Credit Carlisle for keeping the ball for that long but imo the team defended it well enough for the attack to finish with nothing, it was a case of us standing firm and not letting them through us.
    Well pointed out, DF. The stats for possession and shots look very good for Carlisle, but from what distance did they try their shots? Did they get anywhere with their possession? It has often been said that possession percentage is the most misleading statistic.

But Delroy they did get through our defence and we let them score very easily as most teams have done this season. The people in the black and white shirts seem very incapable of learning of learning from their mistakes in previous matches. We don't get enough goals to counter our inept defensive displays.Mr Ardley has a very difficult job ahead of him and it must start with the leaking of goals. Yes we've only conceded two in the last two games but they've taken away more points than we've gained. He needs to instill a did for the cause attitude. He needs to make sure they are fighting for each other and every single challenge. I sincerely hope he can do this but it hasn't happened in nearly 9 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I am fairly confident that Neal Ardley will have a big impact and quickly but with his non-appearance until his holiday is over, we are losing precious points with every game.
    Four points just went begging since Saturday. How different things would look if we had won both of those games.
    To be fair he did cut said holiday short by 5 days to be here today

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    The bizarre thing about last night is that for all Carlisle’s pretty passing football, possession and efforts on goal, we had the two best chances (Thomas’ one-on-one when he just had to pass the ball into the other side of the goal, but hit it straight at Collin; and Dennis’ header from Jones’ deflected cross). I can’t actually remember that many difficult saves Fitz had to make.

That said, we were set up like the away team - especially in the first half - inviting them onto us by sitting so deep. Yet again, the away team has had over 20 efforts on goal - which must have happened about 5 times already this season. Oh for a tenacious midfielder or two, instead of dawdling lightweights like Husin and Milsom. I remember one bit of dogged play by Husin last night when he won the ball and released Thomas, which really stood out because it’s the only thing I’ve seen him do in 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    To be fair he did cut said holiday short by 5 days to be here today
    Yes, but it's been pissing down with rain in Dubai. I hope he's luckier in Nottingham.

I am pretty ambiguous as to who is in charge now we have had so many managers in the last few years I no longer listen to any of the crap spouted about plans and projects. Ardley looks as good a choice as any and is probably the safest one. Good luck to him. Personally I think we are in absolutely the riskiest position this club has been in for a long time. We have a 3 million pound wage bill and are at VERY significant risk of dropping out of the football league and Hardy has basically said unless Ardley clears players out in January there are no funds for new players. Hardy has created an absolute mess and he deserves a very considerable slice of the blame. His disillusion of grandeur and allowing novices to splash the cash on absolute crap are his decisions and nobody elses. If we drop into oblivion we will still have most of these players and much less cash. Hardy is not super loaded and I therefore think there is a considerable risk once again af Admin. We have most of our decent players out injured and a threadbare squad in terms of players suited to the kind of fight that is necessary to get us up the table. For me it all went wrong when they started with the crap of making the dressing room look like a premiership dressing room which is all part of Alan Hardys plan to make the club look better than it is. Alan I hate to piss on your chips but we are in league 2. Dressing rooms have wooden benches and white walls and a black board in the corner. Having this guy in charge whilst he may have thrown money on the surface at many things is Notts County has done us no good at all in my opinion. We need to act a bit more humble and be realistic. It wouldnt bother me if he sold the club to someone with those traits one bit I dont think Alan Hardy is the right man to take Notts County forward. Back to basics for me kick it head it stick an elbow in and cold showers. Hopefully thats enough. For some reason this time round I dont think it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I am pretty ambiguous as to who is in charge now we have had so many managers in the last few years I no longer listen to any of the crap spouted about plans and projects. Ardley looks as good a choice as any and is probably the safest one. Good luck to him. Personally I think we are in absolutely the riskiest position this club has been in for a long time. We have a 3 million pound wage bill and are at VERY significant risk of dropping out of the football league and Hardy has basically said unless Ardley clears players out in January there are no funds for new players. Hardy has created an absolute mess and he deserves a very considerable slice of the blame. His disillusion of grandeur and allowing novices to splash the cash on absolute crap are his decisions and nobody elses. If we drop into oblivion we will still have most of these players and much less cash. Hardy is not super loaded and I therefore think there is a considerable risk once again af Admin. We have most of our decent players out injured and a threadbare squad in terms of players suited to the kind of fight that is necessary to get us up the table. For me it all went wrong when they started with the crap of making the dressing room look like a premiership dressing room which is all part of Alan Hardys plan to make the club look better than it is. Alan I hate to piss on your chips but we are in league 2. Dressing rooms have wooden benches and white walls and a black board in the corner. Having this guy in charge whilst he may have thrown money on the surface at many things is Notts County has done us no good at all in my opinion. We need to act a bit more humble and be realistic. It wouldnt bother me if he sold the club to someone with those traits one bit I dont think Alan Hardy is the right man to take Notts County forward. Back to basics for me kick it head it stick an elbow in and cold showers. Hopefully thats enough. For some reason this time round I dont think it will be.
    So you're feeling full of renewed hope of a late play off push now the new manager's arrived then?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast