+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 55 Points

55 Points

Alan Hardy recently quoted that Neal Ardley's challenge was to secure our league status and gain 55 points. While I personally think that is playing it safe I do believe we need 50 points to assure safety. We now have 16 points from 20 games, 1 point adrift of Cheltenham, they have a game in hand and are 7 goals better off than us. To get to 50 points we require 34 points from 26 games, 9 wins and 7 draws minimum. Does anybody else think this is a tall order as I personally find it a big ask.

With only 16 points, also these poor excuses for what are supposed to be players which we've no chance of getting rid of due to contracts, compensation payments etc.
    Can't see it happening

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    With only 16 points, also these poor excuses for what are supposed to be players which we've no chance of getting rid of due to contracts, compensation payments etc.
    Can't see it happening
    Unfortunately me too, I hope I'm wrong.

Looks unlikely with this bunch. Especially with injuries to key players. These points we keep throwing away in the last 5-10 minutes will kill us.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Looks unlikely with this bunch. Especially with injuries to key players. These points we keep throwing away in the last 5-10 minutes will kill us.
    Before last night it was mentioned Notts' had lost 18 points this season by conceding in the last 10 mins of games.At the minute 50pts is a tall order

I maybe deluding myself but I think we have in Ardley someone who has the credentials to get us out of this mess. However I understand entirely the sentiments expressed in this thread. We have dabbled with dropping into non league football too often this century and maybe our comeuppance is about to happen. Unless Neal makes a total horlicks I hope we have the patience to stick with him whatever happens this season.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    I maybe deluding myself but I think we have in Ardley someone who has the credentials to get us out of this mess. However I understand entirely the sentiments expressed in this thread. We have dabbled with dropping into non league football too often this century and maybe our comeuppance is about to happen. Unless Neal makes a total horlicks I hope we have the patience to stick with him whatever happens this season.
    I'm seriously hoping he is our next Warnock

If the worst should happen, which is very probable, will Mr Ardley be tainted with the tag of the manager who took the oldest league club down ?

He shouldn't be as he inherited a mostly poor squad with seemingly little interest or passion for a fight.

How many regular fans would stick with the club, 3,000, 4,000 ?

If Orient come up we could be the biggest club in the Conference, what an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    If the worst should happen, which is very probable, will Mr Ardley be tainted with the tag of the manager who took the oldest league club down ?

He shouldn't be as he inherited a mostly poor squad with seemingly little interest or passion for a fight.

How many regular fans would stick with the club, 3,000, 4,000 ?

If Orient come up we could be the biggest club in the Conference, what an achievement.
    I think a lot of anger would be unleashed by Notts fans if we were to go down. Simply because this was all so unnecessary and avoidable. It would take a long time to repair the damage in my opinion. Then there's also the question of whether Hardy would want to keep bank-rolling a non-league club. But since this is largely his mess, I'd like to think he'd stick around long enough to clear it up.

The very best we can hope for is to survive this season, then build next season with a respectable finish - and by respectable, I mean avoiding a relegation battle.

We've flirted with going down many times, like others have said this year might be our turn. For years and years we've had no plan in place, new squads every season, two or three managers every 12 months and now it's all come to a head. We started the season with massive amounts of complacency and have never recovered. I've never seen a midfield so poor at Notts though, no incisive attacking play, fight or ability really.

Hewitts improved second half last night might be something to build on. I think Patching and Crawford will be ok as well but they're inconsistent at the moment (when they play, I'd drop milsom straight away for Crawford) but as for Milsom, Husin, Vaughan and Thomas there's not much there. 40 points is going to be a struggle nevermind 55.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast