+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings vs Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    he had no impact as defensive coach under Nolan and I know Kewell didn't want him that's why he went to the U23's.
    Nolan was sacked 9 days after Chettle joined our coaching staff so if he'd managed to make an impact in that space of time he'd be a miracle worker, especailly considering one of the games we played in that 9 days was against Lincoln.

He was also in charge of the U23's from day one, nothing to do with Harry Kewell.

As for Crossley, would you not agree that Fitz has drastically improved his form from the start of the season to how he's been playing recently? I'd imagine in your opinion that is just coincidence and nothing to do with any "impact" Crossley might have had as that wouldn't suit your argument would it?

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Nolan was sacked 9 days after Chettle joined our coaching staff so if he'd managed to make an impact in that space of time he'd be a miracle worker, especailly considering one of the games we played in that 9 days was against Lincoln.

He was also in charge of the U23's from day one, nothing to do with Harry Kewell.

As for Crossley, would you not agree that Fitz has drastically improved his form from the start of the season to how he's been playing recently? I'd imagine in your opinion that is just coincidence and nothing to do with any "impact" Crossley might have had as that wouldn't suit your argument would it?
    He was here when Nolan was here and like I said he came in as he was known to Hardy not to any of our managers thats my point and i'm sticking to it.

The whole set up of the club is wrong and people are being given jobs for the sake of it imo its about time we got a manager in and backed and when I say back him I mean even if he loses 4-5 on the trot keep faith he can turn it around.

We need a playing style this reminds me so much of when Kiwomya was here a complete joke and the recruitment has been as bad under Hardy as it was under Trew scatter gun approach we are going to end up relegated with this tactic.

Fitz might be playing better so maybe i'm being harsh on Crossley but the other two need to go its that simple Hart has NEVER been any good here and is a yesterdays man.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-11-2018 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote Code

He was here when Nolan was here and like I said he came in as he was known to Hardy not to any of our managers thats my point and i'm sticking to it.
    For 9 days... He was here with Nolan for 9 days... You complained that he made no impact in that time and then incorrectly insinuated that he was made the U23's coach because Kewell didn't want him.

Fitz might be playing better so maybe i'm being harsh on Crossley but the other two need to go its that simple Hart has NEVER been any good here and is a yesterdays man.
    Do you have any idea what Paul Hart is doing? What would you have liked to have seen from him in the time he's been here to change that opinion or are you just against him because he's an ex red or because he was cr*p in another completely different role he held here in the past? Last season he was an assistant manager to a very good, promotion winning Luton side but again let's pretend that didn't happen to suit your argument as it's a positive. He's here to improve us long term, there are no short term goals for him to have achieved yet.

For 9 days... He was here with Nolan for 9 days... You complained that he made no impact in that time and then incorrectly insinuated that he was made the U23's coach because Kewell didn't want him.

Do you have any idea what Paul Hart is doing? What would you have liked to have seen from him in the time he's been here to change that opinion or are you just against him because he's an ex red or because he was cr*p in another completely different role he held here in the past? Last season he was an assistant manager to a very good, promotion winning Luton side but again let's pretend that didn't happen to suit your argument as it's a positive. He's here to improve us long term, there are no short term goals for him to have achieved yet.
    Exactly, everyone's an expert, we don't know what he's doing and that doesn't mean he's doing nothing or anything negative. I personally imagine he's doing work on the youth infrastructure and widening the opportunity to try and get youth players in. I think he will also be working and assessing the first team squad. I would think there are players that he will identify with Ardley that just need to go and that works starts now, talking to the players, talking to agents to make sure these deals can happen and I also think he will have produced a short list of who he thinks should come in. Regardless to if it's Ardleys decision or not I imagine Hart will being doing all the donkey work to make these things happen. Although I could be completely wrong lol

How do you know I insinuated it I know Kewell didn't want him and i'll leave it there.

Does Hart have any idea what he is doing ? Another who has been brought in due to his Nottingham connections and i'd prefer it if he wasn't here at all.

We don't agree on this so no point arguing over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    His only option when crossing the ball is Dennis, so naturally the ball is going to have to be kept low, therefore the opportunity for interceptions and blocks increase. If he was crossing to Shola and Stead then I would understand this argument. I suspect you and many others would soon moan if his crosses were ‘higher’ but being easily dealt with by 2 giant defenders, but then people would moan about Dennis not being that tall.

The problem with this whole squad is a lack of naturally aggressive players, players who would literally run through brick walls. You can’t teach that.
    You would still expect him to bypass the first line of defence every now and again though.
    Last edited by i961pie; 28-11-2018 at 12:35 PM.

How do you know I insinuated it I know Kewell didn't want him and i'll leave it there.
    That's literally what you did, you said Chettle "went to the U23's" because Kewell didn't want him. Whether or not Kewell thought he was fantastic or a complete f*ckwit is irrelevant, Chettle was always in charge of the U23's regardless of what Harry Kewell wanted him to do.

Does Hart have any idea what he is doing ? Another who has been brought in due to his Nottingham connections and i'd prefer it if he wasn't here at all.
    Considering he's done it before, successfully and has held similar positions at Charlton and a second spell at Leeds you would imagine that yes, he does know what he's doing unless you had some sort of agenda against him...

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You would still expect him to bypass the first line of defence every now and again though.
    Which he did, you only need to watch the 2 minute highlights video to witness his cross going across the face of the goal but when there's not much to aim at in the box in some situations winning a corner is more advantages than beating the first man. I'd need to see the extended highlights but I think it was his cross that Dennis got on the end of and headed at the keeper in the second half too so it depends how often you expect "now and again" to be I guess.

Fitzsimons 6.5 - Looked ok, though most of his saves were routine.
    Davies 5 - Doesn't have the positional sense to play right back.
    Turley 7 - Did well to defend the constant stream of crosses coming in.
    Ward 7 - See above.
    Jones 5 - Most attacks came down the other flank but he still looked dodgy when he was involved.
    Patching 5 - Worked the odd good position but then didn't seem to know what to do next.
    Hewitt 6 - Based on a 4 for a dire first half and an 8 for an impressive second half.
    Milsom 4.5 - Way off the pace from start to finish, he can do better than that.
    Thomas 5.5 - The odd good run but doesn't contribute enough overall.
    Husin 4.5 - Looked lost playing behind the front man, seems ineffective wherever he plays.
    Dennis 7* - The first game I've seen Dennis actually look like a footballer. Lots of movement, good touch and workrate, limited goal threat but did as much as could be expected stuck up front on his own.

If Ardley watched that on iFollow, he'll know he's got quite a job on his hands keeping us up.

The annoying thing about Dennis (not him personally) is that if you watch him he is constantly playing on the last man when we're in possession waiting for a ball to be played through but nobody on the pitch sees it, obviously it's easier to spot him ready to make those runs from up in the stands than it is on the pitch but it should be something our midfield has drilled into them to look out for imo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast