+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings vs Carlisle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Match Ratings vs Carlisle

Fitzsimons - 7 - Kept busy. Good handling throughout against shots he should be dealing with but any fumble would result in a certain goal. One smart save at his near post second half. Couldn’t help the goal.

David’s - 4.5 - Tried hard but why was he used out of position while one of the best RBs in the division last year remained on the bench? No surprise the goal came from a cross from the left as we were hammered down that wing and he was targeted all game. Not his fault - blame solely on Chettle, particularly for not spotting this and changing anything.

Turley - 7* - Know what you’re getting from him. Gave everything, a number of goal saving tackles and blocks. Would make him captain in Stead’s absence.

Ward - 7 - One of his better games. Also provided a lot of key blocks, tackles and headers as we sat deep for most of the game. A threat in the other box too and provided the goal.

Jones - 5 - Not the same player as last season. Fortunate that most of their attacks came down the other side as he was equally susceptible and stood off his winger all game. Only remember one forward run/cross so is offering little.

Patching - 6 - Some good bits of skill and improved as it wore on. All Carlisle’s threats came down his side and needs to work harder to protect the full back if he’s going to play on the wing regularly.

Hewitt - 7 - Poor first half, outstanding in the second. One direct run to set up a Thomas chance had to be seen to be believed, five Carlisle players taken out of the game. Another similar break forward then won the corner he scored from. Needs to be told he’s a ball carrier rather than a ball player and he might then remain in the team.

Milsom - 4 - Dire in and out of possession again. Liked him prior to this season but has been diabolical since he returned from his ban. Would actually use Vaughan over him at this moment, which says it all about how bad he’s been. Missed chance at the death summarised his non-performance.

Thomas - 6 - Much more threatening going forward but still has a tendency to sulk when not going his way and offers nothing defensively. Should’ve scored when put through by Hewitt but fired straight at Collin instead of going across him.

Husin - 4 - With so many injured, given his big chance in a free role and offered nothing. The usual flurry of nice touches and decent passes in his own half but is absolutely zero threat to the opposition. Never saw him chase back or show any desire to support Dennis. Never really saw him run. Would be very fortunate to get another start.

Dennis - 7 - Poor guy. Never stopped running but his team mates were in a different post code to him. Would be interesting to see him and Stead used as a pair when hopefully he’ll get some support.

Subs - Used far too late and Chettle cost us two points for the second successive game with this. Husin was a passenger and we were hammered down our right all game, but Chettle sat motionless all game next to the equally clueless Crossley. The worst Careraker manager we’ve had, and there’s strong competition in that field. Oh, and Shaun Brisley should NEVER be played in midfield again.
    Last edited by freemuzzy; 28-11-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Thomas did have a better game than usual but almost every cross didn't beat their first defender, especially first half.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Thomas did have a better game than usual but almost every cross didn't beat their first defender, especially first half.
    His only option when crossing the ball is Dennis, so naturally the ball is going to have to be kept low, therefore the opportunity for interceptions and blocks increase. If he was crossing to Shola and Stead then I would understand this argument. I suspect you and many others would soon moan if his crosses were ‘higher’ but being easily dealt with by 2 giant defenders, but then people would moan about Dennis not being that tall.

The problem with this whole squad is a lack of naturally aggressive players, players who would literally run through brick walls. You can’t teach that.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    His only option when crossing the ball is Dennis, so naturally the ball is going to have to be kept low, therefore the opportunity for interceptions and blocks increase. If he was crossing to Shola and Stead then I would understand this argument. I suspect you and many others would soon moan if his crosses were ‘higher’ but being easily dealt with by 2 giant defenders, but then people would moan about Dennis not being that tall.

The problem with this whole squad is a lack of naturally aggressive players, players who would literally run through brick walls. You can’t teach that.
    You would still expect him to bypass the first line of defence every now and again though.
    Last edited by i961pie; 28-11-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You would still expect him to bypass the first line of defence every now and again though.
    Which he did, you only need to watch the 2 minute highlights video to witness his cross going across the face of the goal but when there's not much to aim at in the box in some situations winning a corner is more advantages than beating the first man. I'd need to see the extended highlights but I think it was his cross that Dennis got on the end of and headed at the keeper in the second half too so it depends how often you expect "now and again" to be I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Which he did, you only need to watch the 2 minute highlights video to witness his cross going across the face of the goal but when there's not much to aim at in the box in some situations winning a corner is more advantages than beating the first man. I'd need to see the extended highlights but I think it was his cross that Dennis got on the end of and headed at the keeper in the second half too so it depends how often you expect "now and again" to be I guess.
    In the first half he did well and beat his man but then put in a poor cross again.
    I know what I saw and so did the fans sitting along side me. So he managed a cross in a 2 minute highlight-- big deal.
    He is a lightweight and along with a few others brings nothing to the team imo.

Fitzsimons 6.5 - Looked ok, though most of his saves were routine.
    Davies 5 - Doesn't have the positional sense to play right back.
    Turley 7 - Did well to defend the constant stream of crosses coming in.
    Ward 7 - See above.
    Jones 5 - Most attacks came down the other flank but he still looked dodgy when he was involved.
    Patching 5 - Worked the odd good position but then didn't seem to know what to do next.
    Hewitt 6 - Based on a 4 for a dire first half and an 8 for an impressive second half.
    Milsom 4.5 - Way off the pace from start to finish, he can do better than that.
    Thomas 5.5 - The odd good run but doesn't contribute enough overall.
    Husin 4.5 - Looked lost playing behind the front man, seems ineffective wherever he plays.
    Dennis 7* - The first game I've seen Dennis actually look like a footballer. Lots of movement, good touch and workrate, limited goal threat but did as much as could be expected stuck up front on his own.

If Ardley watched that on iFollow, he'll know he's got quite a job on his hands keeping us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Fitzsimons 6.5 - Looked ok, though most of his saves were routine.
    Davies 5 - Doesn't have the positional sense to play right back.
    Turley 7 - Did well to defend the constant stream of crosses coming in.
    Ward 7 - See above.
    Jones 5 - Most attacks came down the other flank but he still looked dodgy when he was involved.
    Patching 5 - Worked the odd good position but then didn't seem to know what to do next.
    Hewitt 6 - Based on a 4 for a dire first half and an 8 for an impressive second half.
    Milsom 4.5 - Way off the pace from start to finish, he can do better than that.
    Thomas 5.5 - The odd good run but doesn't contribute enough overall.
    Husin 4.5 - Looked lost playing behind the front man, seems ineffective wherever he plays.
    Dennis 7* - The first game I've seen Dennis actually look like a footballer. Lots of movement, good touch and workrate, limited goal threat but did as much as could be expected stuck up front on his own.

If Ardley watched that on iFollow, he'll know he's got quite a job on his hands keeping us up.
    Take the 4 off Husin and them ratings are about right. So for me he's scored 0.5 more than he did on Saturday.

Fitzsimons - 7 Did well, not the weak link

Davies - 4 Poor, not a full back

Turley - 8 Kewell did something right

Ward - 7 Steady

Jones - 5 - Not as good as the average player he used to be.

Patching - 5 Lightweight

Hewitt - 6 Shocking first half but second showed there is a player in there somewhere but he never actually tackles anyone

Milsom - 4 Appalling performance

Thomas - 6 Some spark but not much

Husin - 4 See Milsom, does he actually care

Dennis - 6 Lots of effort but not much else

I thought the team selection last night left a lot to be desired. Davies and Patching down the right was an accident waiting to happen. Two youngsters playing out of position, the result being that they hammered us down their left. I can't believe Chettle didn't change up at half time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast