+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cambridge utd

Cambridge utd

Credit where credit Is due good and much needed result last night well done to the boys, and well done to Artell for sticking with the same team it could have been very easy to make changes off the back of saturdays disaster. Pity we did not have a game this Saturday to carry on with the wind in our sails.

Not sure Saturday was a disaster, even if the result was! I call a disaster a poor performance with little to be optimistic about (Mansfield or Colchester for example) not one where we were unlucky.

By all accounts (and match stats) we played a hell of a lot better than we did last evening and yet lost. As DA said, quoting Jimmy Greaves, it’s a funny old game and sometimes the result doesn’t reflect the performance - we were glad of a fully undeserved point at home to Bury for example.

On a personal note that’s the second home match I’ve missed this season, and we won them both. I hope it’s nothing personal!!

Not a good game last night, although the right result. This is what football is all about, which is what I have been saying all season. Against Tranmere, we were excellent and deserved to win. Against Crawley, I hear we played them off the park and lost. The criticism for that game alone was unfounded in my book. Last night, we were below par for the majority of the game, although we stuck the ball in the back of the net, twice. People cannot have it all ways. This is fourth tier football and at least, we look as though we are improving, albiet slowly. I don't think we are play-off hopefuls, but certainly not relegation fodder. One step at a time and we will be alright. By the way, that Miller goal was class (well above this level) and thankfully, that is what we get from time to time with the gems that we produce in the academy. Up the Alex.