+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Vaulks

Will Vaulks

Last night during the match. In the first half we won a throw in on the left hand side Vaulks ran up to take the throw in and before he did he high fived a young man in the front row of the family stand with downs syndrome.

This is the first time I recall seeing a Miller doing this during the match and it warmed my heart. With my nan having worked with people with downs and me spending many a day with her at work at Cransworth Close I know that that kid will be buzzing for weeks to come.

Well done Will! It's those small things that count in life.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Last night during the match. In the first half we won a throw in on the left hand side Vaulks ran up to take the throw in and before he did he high fived a young man in the front row of the family stand with downs syndrome.

This is the first time I recall seeing a Miller doing this during the match and it warmed my heart. With my nan having worked with people with downs and me spending many a day with her at work at Cransworth Close I know that that kid will be buzzing for weeks to come.

Well done Will! It's those small things that count in life.
    He does a huge amount for Bluebell Woods hospice too, good guy!

Yep a BIG well done Will.

Brilliant to hear this. What a guy.

Will really is a great person, not like how people normally perceive footballers to be at all.
    Did anyone read that article he wrote I the Advertiser a couple of weeks ago about his family members in World War 1? Very inspiring and moving.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Will really is a great person, not like how people normally perceive footballers to be at all.
    Did anyone read that article he wrote I the Advertiser a couple of weeks ago about his family members in World War 1? Very inspiring and moving.
    Paul Davis posted it Mellow. A real asset to the club isn't he?

Hre's a link to the article

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...-the_29501.htm
    Last edited by frogmiller; 28-11-2018 at 11:44 AM.

He is a fine human being on and off the pitch. My MOM last night, I hope he is our player for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    He is a fine human being on and off the pitch. My MOM last night, I hope he is our player for many years to come.

Agree.

Yes I noticed that Frog but didn’t realise he had downs, not that it makes any difference but I’m sure the lad was overjoyed

I saw that too and was going to post about it but you beat me to it.

Nice touch by Will. The lad had a right smile on his face afterwards & will probably cherish the moment forever!

Just hope in this politically correct mad world we live in there isnt some stupid rule that lands him in hot water with the football league. I for one would be up in arms about it if it happened

To add to this, he's offered the Syrian lad who got bullied recently free tickets, player meet and travel to one of our games on him, just an all round decent human being int he!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast