+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chicken Little Crew - drawing a line.

The Chicken Little Crew - drawing a line.

I understand that everyone is very concerned by our current league position and apparent lack of a solution but I don't think the panic, trouser wetting and other bullshine on here is helpful with a new manager arriving today and a clean slate for the squad.

Do you guys posting that all of the players are crap seriously believe that? I do hope not. The problem, as I see it, is in morale and team cohesion. We all know that the squad is imbalanced, but I strongly suspect that, were everyone available for selection, our 'first choice' matchday squad would look quite formidable on paper. On grass it hasn't looked that way, unfortunately. I believe Ardley's first task will be to draw a line under the first part of this season and start a new season today.

With that in mind, does anyone agree that having repetitive attacks on the players, coaching staff, owner, tea lady, kitman et all is even remotely going to help us fight off the relegation threat and start climbing this table? Obviously it isn't, and I'm 100% sure that anyone with even a modicum of brainpower actually knows this.

Can we try having a clean slate ourselves on here starting today perhaps? How about we give Ardley that platform to build on, as well as the one he will walk in to today at the club?

Having a leaky boat is rarely helped by having peope drilling holes in the hull from the inside after all. The Nolan, Kewell, Chettle eras are gone...let's usher in the Ardley era with a bit more bloody hope!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-11-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Typos corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I understand that everyone is very concerned by our current league position and apparent lack of a solution but I don't think the panic, trouser wetting and other bullshine on here is helpful with a new manager arriving today and a clean slate for the squad.

Do you guys posting that all of the players are crap seriously believe that? I do hope not. The problem, as I see it, is in morale and team cohesion. We all know that the squad is imbalanced, but I strongly suspect that, were everyone available for selection, our 'first choice' matchday squad would look quite formidable on paper. On grass it hasn't looked that way, unfortunately. I believe Ardley's first task will be to draw a line under the first part of this season and start a new season today.

With that in mind, does anyone agree that having repetitive attacks on the players, coaching staff, owner, tea lady, kitman et all is even remotely going to help us fight off the relegation threat and start climbing this table? Obviously it isn't, and I'm 100% sure that anyone with even a modicum of brainpower actually knows this.

Can we try having a clean slate ourselves on here starting today perhaps? How about we give Ardley that platform to build on, as well as the one he will walk in to today at the club?

Having a leaky boat is rarely helped by having peope drilling holes in the hull from the inside after all. The Nolan, Kewell, Chettle eras are gone...let's usher in the Ardley era with a bit more bloody hope!

If we can limp thru to Jan and still manage to cobble together a few points and not get cut adrift. Then, do decent business in that window, we could be ok.

Sorry Swale.. I just don’t agree.

Sheridan has put together a decent football team in Carlisle with several ex Notts players, who on any other day would have got 6 last night. We have managed to sack 3 managers and the football is going backwards.. at knots. That tells me, that it’s not the managers... it’s the players.

I feel for Ardley... another patsy for slaughter.

Sorry, it starts within if they show me 100% and i mean all of them, from the coaching staff down i might start to believe.

Great post.

100% agree.

Also agree. I'm sure Ardley knows how to deal with league 2. You can't have players, not putting bodies on the line etc, in this division, individually, you can get away with playing badly, if you are giving 100% effort.

"I'm in"

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post

Sheridan has put together a decent football team in Carlisle with several ex Notts players, who on any other day would have got 6 last night. We have managed to sack 3 managers and the football is going backwards.. at knots. That tells me, that it’s not the managers... it’s the players.

Several ?

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post

While I agree we were poor last night and they played the better football they didn't create actually many clear cut chances, unlike Oldham when Fitz had a blinder and they missed sitters. Carlisle were mainly restricted to long range shots in fact we had the best chance of the night with Thomas.
    They made about a 30 pass move but it still came to nothing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast