+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Chicken Little Crew - drawing a line.

We're all behind Ardley so don't see that as an issue, trouble is that we're crap in midfield and most of the defence apart from Turley and currently Fitz. It doesn't matter how many good attackers or managers you have if you can't stop the other team having twenty odd shots at goal even at your own ground. Like Gump says, lump through to Jan still in touch and we should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We're all behind Ardley so don't see that as an issue, trouble is that we're crap in midfield and most of the defence apart from Turley and currently Fitz. It doesn't matter how many good attackers or managers you have if you can't stop the other team having twenty odd shots at goal even at your own ground. Like Gump says, lump through to Jan still in touch and we should be OK.
    I went too Morecambe and the game last night. In my opinion Ward was our best player in both games.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Several ?
    Adam Campbell, Gary Liddle & Adam Collin.

New manager, new start, and he’ll fail or succeed on his own merits. I don’t really get why what fans say on here, positive or negative, will have any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    New manager, new start, and he’ll fail or succeed on his own merits. I don’t really get why what fans say on here, positive or negative, will have any effect.
    Agreed - 100% correct. Whilst the sentiments are noble I doubt that random posts on an internet forum have had any effect on "morale" and "team cohesion"! If they have then, quite frankly, it says more about the frailties of the players and management than the on field performances. Equally, there have been plenty of previous threads that have covered how important it is to have an exchange, debate, dispute, honesty, realism and opinion on a forum like this.

I'm also pretty certain that organisation, motivation, training and preparation of players is a responsibility of coaches and management - not supporters. If we produce displays that lack cohesion and quality then it is more likely to be down to those directly involved in the operation.

I wish Ardley every success and good luck in the process. I think the prospects of having better motivated players and producing displays that are more fluent and robust than either Kewell or Nolan could ever manage are fairly good tbh.

Neil Ardleys black and white army

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Adam Campbell, Gary Liddle & Adam Collin.
    So several=2 . Campbell didn't play last night.

An excellent post Swale. I fully support your comments, but I think we would all agree that although we have players who are good enough to get us out of our present predicament, Ardley has to produce a winning team selection from what is a very mixed bag, and finding the right group of players to achieve this will not be easy.
    I believe we and AH must be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Absolutely correct.
    I also agree. I don't join in with the constant club bashing, but I can't ignore the evidence of my own eyes. If it's good then say so, and do the same if it's bad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast