+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The New York pitch

The New York pitch

What a great article. Hard to make pitch maintenance interesting but Paul has done a really good job.

Cracking job he does and the award is well deserved.
    Good article again Paul.

Read this in the Tiser and was really impressed. The quality of the pitch is fantastic throughout the season, although I have to admit

I do occasionally miss the mud pies that we used to have in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Read this in the Tiser and was really impressed. The quality of the pitch is fantastic throughout the season, although I have to admit

I do occasionally miss the mud pies that we used to have in the 60s, 70s and 80s.
    Worst pitch in the entire Football League was Derby County's Baseball Ground which used to be like a ploughed field before the season began. They got a local cobbler to adapt wellingtons for the team so that they had studs in them. In 1952 their centre forward Danny Pentley went missing. They found his body three months later buried near the goalmouth. Ever after this piece of ground was known as the Pentley Spot.

Nice article Paul.

I did piece on the board on the 13 November, titled " Honours for NYS Ground Staff ", about this.

Bringing the club to life and connecting us with it. Nah Advertiser!

These comments are really appreciated, folks. Cheers.