+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I am 100% sure that AH has at last made the right choice.
    So am I. When do we disagree on anything sid !

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Now why did you say that? Duffy gets the blame for any fault in defence, no matter whether it's his mistake or not. When he's trying to gee up other players he gets stick for being mouthy - isn't that the job of the captain? To encourage and motivate team-mates who are't pulling their weight? He slips over and the crowd roar abuse, he scores a goal and two minutes later it's forgotten, back to the usual.

We'll see what Ardley thinks of Duffy and if he gets the armband that'll be a black mark against the new manager before a ball is kicked.

Listen to Charlie and Stall on Radio Nottm, rarely do they pick fault with Duffy, more often it's "Duffy is the only one who's looking like he cares...".
    There’s nothing I’d like to see more than Ardley get all of these no hopers performing again, especially Duffy. however I have to disagree with you, he’s like poison. Some of his behaviour is abhorrent. He lambasts the weaker and younger players even when he’s at fault but interestingly against Cheltenham he tried it on Turley and guess what he backed down immediately when he realised he’d bitten off more than he can chew. I don’t like him and he does not ‘currently’ represent what I want to see from a player in a Notts shirt in any way whatsoever, sorry just my opinion.

Time will tell how good Neal Ardley can be for us as a football manager, but I've already made my mind that he's a quality person. Some people will say that doesn't matter, but in my opinion it does. I hope both the chairman and the fans will give him the precious commodity of time. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Welcome aboard Mr Ardley.

For those who may have missed it here it is...

Click Here to Watch on Facebook Live

Thanks for that link Swale. V impressed with Neal and am quietly confident that he will get us safe and, if not, it won't be for lack of effort. Liked his comment that we stand or fall as a team together and I think all of us on this forum might benefit from this ethos.

Now why did you say that? Duffy gets the blame for any fault in defence, no matter whether it's his mistake or not. When he's trying to gee up other players he gets stick for being mouthy - isn't that the job of the captain? To encourage and motivate team-mates who are't pulling their weight? He slips over and the crowd roar abuse, he scores a goal and two minutes later it's forgotten, back to the usual.

We'll see what Ardley thinks of Duffy and if he gets the armband that'll be a black mark against the new manager before a ball is kicked.

Listen to Charlie and Stall on Radio Nottm, rarely do they pick fault with Duffy, more often it's "Duffy is the only one who's looking like he cares...".
    I'm glad someone said that so true.
    Last night it was Hewitt, played well, scored then gets booed by some dickheads in the kop when anouced as man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I'm glad someone said that so true.
    Last night it was Hewitt, played well, scored then gets booed by some dickheads in the kop when anouced as man of the match.
    Elliot Ward was announced as MOTM . Maybe they just don't like anyone called Elliot.
    Last edited by navypie; 28-11-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Having watched the press conference my conclusion is that I like the new manager, and we should all get behind him.

It may not be an easy road between now and May and it will be difficult and tough, but one thing I’m certain of is that whatever happens from here on in the management team will be giving it a good go and their very best to save us from the drop.

The season effectively starts now and the past twenty games and previous managers have to be forgotten about and it all put to bed.

We’ve got 26 games to save our football league status.

If between now and the end of the season we finish as below or better I’ll be very happy.

P26, W9, D7, L10, Pts 34

Sounds good, but talking is the easy bit.

I just hope Flipcharts are more effective than PowerPoint presentations.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    There’s nothing I’d like to see more than Ardley get all of these no hopers performing again, especially Duffy. however I have to disagree with you, he’s like poison. Some of his behaviour is abhorrent. He lambasts the weaker and younger players even when he’s at fault but interestingly against Cheltenham he tried it on Turley and guess what he backed down immediately when he realised he’d bitten off more than he can chew. I don’t like him and he does not ‘currently’ represent what I want to see from a player in a Notts shirt in any way whatsoever, sorry just my opinion.
    You don’t have to apologise for your opinion, ncfcog, it doesn’t match mine, you weren’t abusive, that’s it.

You don’t have to apologise for your opinion, ncfcog, it doesn’t match mine, you weren’t abusive, that’s it.
    I know, thanks and sorry … doh!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast