+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Message from the manager

He's got a touch of Frank Lampard about him. Not showy but we'll thought out. There's another and longer video where AH introduces NA to the media and he (AH) looks absolutely shot. He ought take up the rest of the holiday NA cut short because frankly I'd worry for the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I look forward to peoples heads falling off when we (more than likely) lose to Mansfield. Comments like, ‘WTF has he done in the last 10 days’, ‘same old Notts’, ‘he’s still picking such n such a player (insert any name)’, ‘Ardley out’, ‘Hardy out’. Some of our fans are like petulant school girls, with the attention span of my 3 year old, who lose all reality when things go wrong.
    Notts are in the mire, Mansfield are absolutely flying. The odds are stacked against us. History, form, injuries etc... it’s not an excuse but the reality is in the current circumstances we have about a 10% chance of getting any points.
    What we as fans can’t do, is destroy what Mr Ardley is trying to do. It won’t happen over night or even 10 nights. If we can stay in touch with the likes of Cheltenham until January I have faith that we will still be playing League 2 footy next season.
    Exactly this. We’ve done our criticising, lambasting of players, tactics and former managers this season. Im hoping the Cheltenham home game really was rock bottom for us.

It’s got to be a clean slate and a fresh start and the fans have got to get behind Neal Ardley and the players to give them as much support as possible to help us in our fight to stay in the football league.

We need to be calm, measured and patient because this could end up going right till the end of the season before we know whether we are going to be playing in the football league or not. It’s not going to be easy, it will tough and difficult and there will be frustration, lows and hopefully some highs.

One thing we must try and avoid is turning on the players, manager, owner and ourselves if things do not go as we intend. We are all in this together and we have to go forward as one unit. If we do this we may have enough to see us the oldest league club remain so for this season and many more years to come.

I look forward to peoples heads falling off when we (more than likely) lose to Mansfield. Comments like, ‘WTF has he done in the last 10 days’, ‘same old Notts’, ‘he’s still picking such n such a player (insert any name)’, ‘Ardley out’, ‘Hardy out’. Some of our fans are like petulant school girls, with the attention span of my 3 year old, who lose all reality when things go wrong.
    Notts are in the mire, Mansfield are absolutely flying. The odds are stacked against us. History, form, injuries etc... it’s not an excuse but the reality is in the current circumstances we have about a 10% chance of getting any points.
    What we as fans can’t do, is destroy what Mr Ardley is trying to do. It won’t happen over night or even 10 nights. If we can stay in touch with the likes of Cheltenham until January I have faith that we will still be playing League 2 footy next season.
    Agreed. I think most fans accept that it's more than likely we'll get nothing from the Mansfield game - I'd expect a defeat against them even if we were top of the league - but most fans would at least be heartened by our team putting up a fight, flying into a few tackles, and at least letting the opposition know they were in a game.

Problem is, I genuinely don't know if these players have it in them. You either do or you don't. I'd bloody well love the chance to clatter into some Stags players on a muddy pitch, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He's got a touch of Frank Lampard about him. Not showy but we'll thought out. There's another and longer video where AH introduces NA to the media and he (AH) looks absolutely shot. He ought take up the rest of the holiday NA cut short because frankly I'd worry for the man.
    He sounded to me as if he had a bad chesty cold to be fair with his coughing & spluttering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    He sounded to me as if he had a bad chesty cold to be fair with his coughing & spluttering.
    Well the bags under his eyes and general demeanor indicate a rest would do no harm. We've already reached more haste less speed on more than one front. The last thing we need is AH to have a health issue.

It's true.

I'm not sure if we're any worse than any other supporters, and to be honest such rants on social media should always be taken with a pinch of salt by the people making important decisions at the club, but there's fair evidence to suggest that at least some managers' fates have been influenced, if not dictated by social media campaigns.

This has to stop for two reasons.

Most importantly, the constant changes of manager aren't taking the club forwards, but backwards. Even when we get a new manager bounce, it's only a matter of time before a bad result comes along and the vitriol starts. I'm not saying people shouldn't give their opinions about good or bad performances or tactics, because that's what football discussion forums are for, but this doesn't need to translate into premature calls for sackings.

Secondly, from everything I've seen so far, Neal Ardley as a guy just doesn't deserve that sort of treatment, even if he does have a bad run of results. Some past managers have had a cold relationship with the fans from day one (Fullarton being an example) and have almost invited a lack of tolerance in return, but that's obviously not going to be the deal with Ardley and Cox.

Give them plenty of time and patience... and support!

So, in relation to your post, please explain how Chettle was unlucky and subject to unfair criticism over his 3 league games in charge. Or Kewell. Or Nolan this season?

We have had some absolutely **** managers recently, but by all means let's give Ardley a chance, as he has at least done the job before.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's true.

I'm not sure if we're any worse than any other supporters, and to be honest such rants on social media should always be taken with a pinch of salt by the people making important decisions at the club, but there's fair evidence to suggest that at least some managers' fates have been influenced, if not dictated by social media campaigns.

This has to stop for two reasons.
    Utter nonsense, It's the fans fault again, is it? Very few of us urged Hardy to sack HK, but he supposedly had doubts after two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Yes he looks well and truly knackered

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12