+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: o/t EU : NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o/t EU : NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the very weak Ted Heath grovelled to gain access in to the Common Market,he was told by the arrogant French "non,non.non!!". The Common Market was purely set up for trading alone,nothing else.It has now become a bureaucratic jungle renamed as the EU, run by dictators who have the top jobs,with astronomical salaries(not forgetting platinum status pensions) and they are there for life.For the remoaners to say we will have no say in the EU when we leave is ridiculous.Whenever we brought any issues up, we were outvoted by the twenty six nearly every time.There are only two countries in that toxic club with any clout ,Germany and France.other countries are told what to do.As I have said all along we have been the givers and not the takers by an alarmingly increasing figure year by year.The quicker we are out the better !!!!!!

That remains to be seen

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    That remains to be seen
    I beg your leave.

100 % agree Bill. Unfortunately the media (particularly the EU sponsored BBC ), the Banks and the filthy rich (with their snouts in the capitalist EU cesspit) are determined to scare us into continuing servitude. Yet we've just held a shop floor poll at work which overwhelmingly came out in favour of a hard Brexit !

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    When the very weak Ted Heath grovelled to gain access in to the Common Market,he was told by the arrogant French "non,non.non!!". The Common Market was purely set up for trading alone,nothing else.It has now become a bureaucratic jungle renamed as the EU, run by dictators who have the top jobs,with astronomical salaries(not forgetting platinum status pensions) and they are there for life.For the remoaners to say we will have no say in the EU when we leave is ridiculous.Whenever we brought any issues up, we were outvoted by the twenty six nearly every time.There are only two countries in that toxic club with any clout ,Germany and France.other countries are told what to do.As I have said all along we have been the givers and not the takers by an alarmingly increasing figure year by year.The quicker we are out the better !!!!!!
    Agree 100% Bill well said, just hope Rotherham Council have NAFFALL to do with any negotitions.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post

As I said on the other post, I'm trying to weigh up what the EU prevent us from doing in terms of blocking us doing what we want to do. I bit of lunchy reading around the topic I found the Fact Check on the matter which aims for balance:

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts...-uk-influence/

The standout figure for me was that the UK has only voted against EU laws 2% of the time, and in fact UK ministers were on the winning side of EU law passing 95% of the time. Although it finds that in recent years, we have been on the losing side of law passing debates more than other countries, but the next losing country is...Germany! Who you seem to think the EU has the most 'clout'.

I'm interested in issues that you say we have brought up and we're outvoted on nearly every time. Which issues are you thinking of?

(I'm not saying that I support the EU by the way, not by a long chalk. But I am very concerned, having read economic forecasts from lots of sources and all agreeing (including hard Brexiters) that we will be hit in the economy, perhaps very hard, and I am balancing out that risk and the arguments as to why we should take that risk).

I basically see the EU as a bigger version of FIFA or the IOC, totally corrupt, greasy palms, jobs for the boys and girls.

These multinational organisations always seem to end up like this.

A guy called Martin Selmayr is the man who is really running the EU and therefore Europe (though really it's Merkel).

Hardly anyone knows who he is and the way he got his job was dodgy, no transparency.
    Last edited by great_fire; 29-11-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I basically see the EU as a bigger version of FIFA or the IOC, totally corrupt, greasy palms, jobs for the boys and girls.

These multinational organisations always seem to end up like this.

A guy called Martin Selmayr is the man who is really running the EU and therefore Europe (though really it's Merkel).

Hardly anyone knows who he is and the way he got his job was dodgy, no transparency.

Not entirely disagreeing Fire but it doesn't take much of a look to undercover substantial corruption in our own 'democracy' with blurred lines between politicians/corporations/media owners. What I am interested in, if I am to be persuaded to take an economic risk with my country, and potentially lose my easy access to EU countries, is in what way have the EU specifically blocked the UK by voting against our wishes? Or, the other way, what laws have the EU imposed upon us against our will? We keep saying that we need to take back control from the EU, but in what way specifically have we been controlled against our will. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Not entirely disagreeing Fire but it doesn't take much of a look to undercover substantial corruption in our own 'democracy' with blurred lines between politicians/corporations/media owners. What I am interested in, if I am to be persuaded to take an economic risk with my country, and potentially lose my easy access to EU countries, is in what way have the EU specifically blocked the UK by voting against our wishes? Or, the other way, what laws have the EU imposed upon us against our will? We keep saying that we need to take back control from the EU, but in what way specifically have we been controlled against our will. Anyone?
    We're voted against a lot actually.

And until the referendum who knows what our will was when 1975 was the previous time we had a choice.

We should have actually had a referendum on Maarstricht as handing over that many powers was actually unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    The most lobbying was carried out by pharmaceutical companies who seem to get away with murder (no pun) there’s been a few £500 lunches in Brussels to obtain what they want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast