+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: o/t EU : NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People need to understand that's it , this is the deal we've got , it's over , nobody is getting a chance at negotiating another one .

I'm at a loss as to why politicians , the media , economists and the electorate think more can be done .

The real question everyone should be focusing on is who they believe can make this deal work better , Tory or Labour ? .

In my opinion that's the only people vote that's credible , it's called a GE .

May wanted a mandate to deliver Brexit in 2017 , she didn't get it but delivered it anyway .

The mandate today is a simple one , who delivers May's deal the best going forward .

It's high time we simplified this thing and stop running around in circles .

First Thursday in May sounds about right to me , a month from our exit from the EU .

It seems to me that both the major political parties other than the PM , although she's hardly got a choice aren't seeing the obvious .

We wanted to leave , we will and that's the price of it so now get on with it and make it work .

How fecking simple do you want it ? .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    People need to understand that's it , this is the deal we've got , it's over , nobody is getting a chance at negotiating another one .

I'm at a loss as to why politicians , the media , economists and the electorate think more can be done .

The real question everyone should be focusing on is who they believe can make this deal work better , Tory or Labour ? .

In my opinion that's the only people vote that's credible , it's called a GE .

May wanted a mandate to deliver Brexit in 2017 , she didn't get it but delivered it anyway .

The mandate today is a simple one , who delivers May's deal the best going forward .

It's high time we simplified this thing and stop running around in circles .

First Thursday in May sounds about right to me , a month from our exit from the EU .

It seems to me that both the major political parties other than the PM , although she's hardly got a choice aren't seeing the obvious .

We wanted to leave , we will and that's the price of it so now get on with it and make it work .

How fecking simple do you want it ? .
    PMSL animal, dont be shy with your opinion mate will ya

Ill tell you how simple I want it. Fruck the deals lets just split from the EU and worry about it afterwards. Hard Brexit is the best thing for this country right now.

No deal Brexit is reckless in the extreme and no way to run a country. I would not run a business on a wing and prayer - no way a country particularly with responsibilty to its citizens, the companies that operate here and trading partners we've built up over very many years.

And no deal is not what Leave EU Group (Johnson, Gove, Duncan Smith, Reece Mogg, etc) campaigned on. They said we would leave with a 'free trade agreement' (its in black and white on their web site).

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The most lobbying was carried out by pharmaceutical companies who seem to get away with murder (no pun) there’s been a few £500 lunches in Brussels to obtain what they want.
    That is a very good point you make.The mega American pharmaceutical companies were very supportive of the proposed deal known as TTIP conjured up by Obama and Merkel.This was a trade and investment partnership for trade agreements between the EU and USA.Had that deal gone through we could have had all drugs and medicines supplied from the USA and also secretive talks were made regarding privatisation of the NHS.The drug companies carry a lot of weight in decision making within the US and EU. It is in their interest, that we stay in the EU.Big business and the EU go hand in hand.Project fear will once again get huge financial support from these multi-corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    That is a very good point you make.The mega American pharmaceutical companies were very supportive of the proposed deal known as TTIP conjured up by Obama and Merkel.This was a trade and investment partnership for trade agreements between the EU and USA.Had that deal gone through we could have had all drugs and medicines supplied from the USA and also secretive talks were made regarding privatisation of the NHS.The drug companies carry a lot of weight in decision making within the US and EU. It is in their interest, that we stay in the EU.Big business and the EU go hand in hand.Project fear will once again get huge financial support from these multi-corps.
    But all the talk is of a trade deal between Britain and US after we leave the EU. Brexiteers used TTIP as a reason to leave the EU yet, at the same time, championed our freedom to walk straight into a trade deal with them as soon as we left.

Tony Benn must be turning in his grave seeing what his son is standing for.Huge disappointment !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    PMSL animal, dont be shy with your opinion mate will ya

Ill tell you how simple I want it. Fruck the deals lets just split from the EU and worry about it afterwards. Hard Brexit is the best thing for this country right now.
    It just seems to me that if you asked for a mandate from the electorate to deliver brexit and didn't get one and then held up the brexit deal the majority don't want you have backed yourself in to a corner on actually making the deal work and bring stability and prosperity going forward under those terms .

The country seems to have ignored the EU's " thats the only deal and we aren't negotiating anymore "

Norway , Canada , leave without a deal blah blah blah , that's it , forget anything else , it ain't happening .

Two scenarios in my opinion , she loses the commons vote on the deal and the government falls , giving the tories a difficult platform on which to campaign on in a GE .

She offers Labour a GE in May in return for voting her deal through and it gives the two political parties the opportunity to secure a mandate to make the deal work .

That's the only meaningful peoples vote in my opinion .

Politicians running round coming up with this , that and the other is a waste of time , what part of that's the only deal and no we won't be negotiating another one don't they understand ? .

So you reckon Labour would vote for May's deal in return for a General Election even though they claim it's a bad deal? Just how morally bankrupt do you reckon your party is?

There's no reason why a defeat on the deal will result in a GE. Realistically, you would need the DUP to vote alongside Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott in a no confidence vote for that to happen. Anything is possible, but some things are very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    The most lobbying was carried out by pharmaceutical companies who seem to get away with murder (no pun) there’s been a few £500 lunches in Brussels to obtain what they want.
    Exactly the same thing happens in this country with our governments

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Exactly the same thing happens in this country with our governments
    At least we have the opportunity to kick out any dishonest political leaders through the ballot box,leaders of the EU are there for life.Unelected and unaccountable!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast