+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite current Aberdeen player

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Oakenfold said that?
    Not exactly, he only produced the tune, I think Jake did the lyrics.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    As a centre half in my playing days I tend to watch the defence a lot when I watch fitba.

I don't do favorites but hat I can say is I am a big fan of Mikey Devlin. He has all the assets of a great centre half and is a proper leader. Constantly speaking and organizing and can read a game really well too

I have a funny feeling that he will become one of our best signings in years

We will get a lot of money for him in a few years would also be a suspicion too
    I think Devlin is a great centre half for us too.
    His distribution however is suspect and having came back from a long term injury along with the couple of layoffs he’s had this year already it remains to be seen if we will make any serious money from him.
    I’m not so convinced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think Devlin is a great centre half for us too.
    His distribution however is suspect and having came back from a long term injury along with the couple of layoffs he’s had this year already it remains to be seen if we will make any serious money from him.
    I’m not so convinced yet.
    I think Devlin has quickly become a ***** element of our team - as seen by last weekend's disaster. He is still young but has experience and organisation and leadership skills that we need alongside McKenna. I agree his distribution is poor when he plays the ball forward, but I think that's partly because of the way we've been playing this season - the instruction seems to have been to play long rather than build through the middle - more often than not a long ball from the back isn't going to land right on the head or foot of its target, regardless of who plays it. If he can avoid injuries Devlin can become a key part of our team for years to come and a future captain if Shinnie moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think Devlin has quickly become a ***** element of our team - as seen by last weekend's disaster. He is still young but has experience and organisation and leadership skills that we need alongside McKenna. I agree his distribution is poor when he plays the ball forward, but I think that's partly because of the way we've been playing this season - the instruction seems to have been to play long rather than build through the middle - more often than not a long ball from the back isn't going to land right on the head or foot of its target, regardless of who plays it. If he can avoid injuries Devlin can become a key part of our team for years to come and a future captain if Shinnie moves on.
    I fully agree.
    I think he has more potential to be a long term stalwart in our team than necessarily going on to make us any serious money.
    Let’s hope he goes on to develop further

Id rather he was a stalwart than f@cked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Id rather he was a stalwart than f@cked off.
    I agree too.
    Guess we hope for the best of both, get 4 or 5 great years, then sell and reinvest in a younger version.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree too.
    Guess we hope for the best of both, get 4 or 5 great years, then sell and reinvest in a younger version.
    4 or 5 years is a long time...we will turn on him by then.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    4 or 5 years is a long time...we will turn on him by then.
    Well, you may

Give it 4 or 5 months

Devlin is contracted till 2021, so if he goes on to be great for us, we sell him in 2020, else extend his contract beyond 2021 and we get that 4-5 years

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast