+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Worst Foreign Signings in Premier League History

10 Worst Foreign Signings in Premier League History

See linky

I was sure we would have had some entrants.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/prem...anntp#image=10

Without even looking at the list i'm going to say Guivarch, Luque, Marcellino, Doumbia and Babayaro for us.

Oh, and Joselu

To be fair Shevchenko seemed like a good idea at the time he was signed. Lol.

Kleberson Fumaca Taibi Alvarez Bakayoko, To be fair Luque was never given much of a chance Roeder seemed to always ignore him

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Kleberson Fumaca Taibi Alvarez Bakayoko, To be fair Luque was never given much of a chance Roeder seemed to always ignore him
    I thought Luque too was under rated and not given a fair crack of the whip. He certainly was a trier.

Luque was awful and didnt want to know

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Luque was awful and didnt want to know
    Didn't he have a lot of injury problems or am I confusing him with someone else.

Sorry Mick, for some reason I was mixing him up with Thauvin for some reason. it must be an age related thing.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 29-11-2018 at 05:19 PM.

He made little to no effort to come back from them. Souness, Roeder and Allardyce all thought little of him. Chopra got picked ahead of him.

He obviously didnt put the graft in to be picked. Awful signing.

Didn't sourness sign some tragedy for Southampton only to sub him in his 1 and only game?

Luque had plenty of time ! Fkin rediculous to suggest otherwise , dreadful signing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)