+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AH concern over HK just two weeks in...

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    No great fan of Kewell, but how many games have we won when he hasn’t been manager this season?
    Any prizes if I get that right? Something about Navy and captains might be coming my way.

I don't think it serves any purpose for the Chairman to bad mouth previous managers publicly, nor passed over applicants. Finger pointing promotes a blame culture which can't be good for the club. For what it's worth, I believe NA has the sort of personality players will respond to positively..and won't rile supporters. There's Nothing wrong with a bit of humility - hope it spreads. We'll be ok now, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Let's face it, Hardy's a borderline sociopath himself, so he's not going to be the best judge of character.

Profile of the Sociopath

Glibness and Superficial Charm.
    Manipulative and Conning. They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. ...
    Grandiose Sense of Self. ...
    Pathological Lying. ...
    Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt. ...
    Shallow Emotions. ...
    Incapacity for Love.
    Need for Stimulation.
    Apart from that, he's alright

Quote Originally Posted by placidpie View Post
    I don't think it serves any purpose for the Chairman to bad mouth previous managers publicly, nor passed over applicants. Finger pointing promotes a blame culture which can't be good for the club. For what it's worth, I believe NA has the sort of personality players will respond to positively..and won't rile supporters. There's Nothing wrong with a bit of humility - hope it spreads. We'll be ok now, I reckon.
    I don't think he's bad mouthing anyone. He's just telling a reporter as to why Kewell was binned so quickly whilst still holding stuff back. I think Ardley was one of the favourites last time, but we were denied permission to speak to him. I suspect with the red flags appearing after two weeks and Ardley's departure from AFC Wimbledon, that probably led to the quick sacking of Kewell.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Jeez, if you cuddent pick Kewellio as an */up his own harris/narci/ the whole worlds about me/borderline sociopath/* within 10 secs of him opening his Aussie gob then you're a pretty poor judge of character.
    By your description I can see how he got the job perfectly well. Must have been like a father and soon relationship 2 peas in a pod for 14 days. I bet HK thinks the same.

I was not overjoyed when we appointed Kewell. The best thing he did was get us the three wins in a row and bring in Turley.

However after this we went backwards and the final straw for me was his attitude towards Charlie Slater is his final interview before he was sacked which was after we played Barnsley.

I do like Charlie Slater's questions as they are pressing and in tune with what fans would want to know and ask the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I do like Charlie Slater's questions as they are pressing and in tune with what fans would want to know and ask the manager.
    Have to agree, if it was Slater snr, he'd be far too soft with managers he was interviewing, Charlie I think is at the start of his career and will go onto to much bigger things so perhaps isn't so scared to ruffle feathers

If many who comment on this forum were in Alan Hardy shoes it seems, we would be o.k.As a successful businessman I am sure he gone through the interview process on many occasions and has got most of them right. It's all very well being critical in retrospect, or criticising every appointment made, but if any had been successful he would have been hailed as our saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    If many who comment on this forum were in Alan Hardy shoes it seems, we would be o.k.As a successful businessman I am sure he gone through the interview process on many occasions and has got most of them right. It's all very well being critical in retrospect, or criticising every appointment made, but if any had been successful he would have been hailed as our saviour.
    I'd like to ask him why does he interview prospective managers when he know's sweet FA about football. I wonder if our Director of Football Paul Hart was involved in the process? And if not why? Shop fitters and Football managers are like chalk and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Absolutely. It was clear to see from his first press conference. All that 'my way or the highway' talk, as well as the empty managerial platitudes. He struck me as the kind of guy who wanted to rule with an iron fist but didn't really have the authority to do so. And also the kind of person who was blind to his limitations.

I've seen this kind of thing in the workplace myself. People end up in managerial positions due to being a certain type of person, or due to past success in a position, but they simply don't have the prerequisite skills to lead a group of people.
    It's called "The Peter Principal", where an employee in a workplace/office/factory, etc. will climb the ladder of promotion till he reaches his level of incompetence and there he stays. A wise employer will demote him back down one level or move him sideways, or not even let him get that far.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast