+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK aid spending tops £14 billion

UK aid spending tops £14 billion

Fkin ridiculous.

We are seriously in debt and have to borrow this money to give it away.

Meanwhile......old people dying in their own s h I t and pi s s whilst corrupt regimes s p u n k our money up the wall.

Priorities all wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Fkin ridiculous.

We are seriously in debt and have to borrow this money to give it away.

Meanwhile......old people dying in their own s h I t and pi s s whilst corrupt regimes s p u n k our money up the wall.

Priorities all wrong!!

You are bang on - old people having to get buses in the cold to hospitals - councils not quicker enough to put in stair lifts and the elderly to frightened to turn on the heating.

Meanwhile, the news is dominated by a 6 foot rugby player who was attacked by a kid because he likes to stick it up the rear, and now news running stories about a Syrian getting bullied in a school. For feck sake, whilst nobody should be bullied or attacked - what about old folk beaten to a pulp - young kids murdered - young kids groomed by the same old religion every time.

This country is a complete shambles! Lets have a rainbow laces national day and wave the Syrian flags at the same time!! Jo Cox was tragically killed and she was helping the White Helmets ( Syrian ) but strangely enough what was done in her own back yard with the grooming gangs? Not a lot as rocking the boat would have lost votes with the majority in this back yard!!

Every other television program now features gays including Coronation Street and East Enders - should Phil Mitchell and Ken Barlow be told soon to wear rainbow laces too!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You are bang on - old people having to get buses in the cold to hospitals - councils not quicker enough to put in stair lifts and the elderly to frightened to turn on the heating.

Meanwhile, the news is dominated by a 6 foot rugby player who was attacked by a kid because he likes to stick it up the rear, and now news running stories about a Syrian getting bullied in a school. For feck sake, whilst nobody should be bullied or attacked - what about old folk beaten to a pulp - young kids murdered - young kids groomed by the same old religion every time.

This country is a complete shambles! Lets have a rainbow laces national day and wave the Syrian flags at the same time!! Jo Cox was tragically killed and she was helping the White Helmets ( Syrian ) but strangely enough what was done in her own back yard with the grooming gangs? Not a lot as rocking the boat would have lost votes with the majority in this back yard!!

Every other television program now features gays including Coronation Street and East Enders - should Phil Mitchell and Ken Barlow be told soon to wear rainbow laces too!
    There is so much bollox written on here.

In response to a Daily Mail article as well.

You are brainwashed. There is no hope for you or Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    There is so much bollox written on here.

In response to a Daily Mail article as well.

You are brainwashed. There is no hope for you or Mick.

And you’re a left wing zealot Carolgees.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    And you’re a left wing zealot Carolgees.
    This Carolgees must be a very intelligent fella,

I notice you called someone else that yesterday. Seems to be the 'go to name' for someone you disagree with.

You keep believing everything you read in the Mail, yeah..

[QUOTE=WBA123;39075230]This Carolgees must be a very intelligent fella,

I notice you called someone else that yesterday. Seems to be the 'go to name' for someone you disagree with.

You keep believing everything you read in the Mail, yeah..[/QUOTE
    I posted the Mail clip to show the steep upward curve on the graph to show how much aid we are giving away. Our foriegn aid should have been flat lined from the crash in 2008 . France and Germany like there Nato contribution never give their full amount. Germany even include donations for fund raising as part of their foreign aid budget
    Why do Pakistan need £400m of us .They can afford this Space program

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/63960215.cms

[QUOTE=soulman101;39075397]
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    This Carolgees must be a very intelligent fella,

You keep believing everything you read in the Mail, yeah..[/QUOTE
    I posted the Mail clip to show the steep upward curve on the graph to show how much aid we are giving away. Our foriegn aid should have been flat lined from the crash in 2008 . France and Germany like there Nato contribution never give their full amount. Germany even include donations for fund raising as part of their foreign aid budget
    Why do Pakistan need £400m of us .They can afford this Space program

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/63960215.cms
    Our foreign aid is the same figure every year - 0.7% of our GDP. So if foreign aid goes up, it means our GDP has increased. Germany also give 0.7% and a higher figure because their GDP is higher. Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Luxembourg all give more foreign aid than us in GDP %.

I know a guy who works for DFID. He tells me they save thousands of lives every year and all they get is demonised by the tax dodging, billionaire foreign owned press. I can sympathise with him.

Pakistan is one of the most unequal societies in the world, most live in poverty and can't read and write. Many of those who are uneducated can become brainwashed into extremism. It is actually a benefit for us if that country became more stable. Those people can't control what the government spends their cash on.

On another note, Pakistan and India forces supported us in both world wars. In the 2nd World War, 2.5m of them were the largest volunteer army that had ever existed. Many say we wouldn't have won either war without them. I think spending £400m per year (0.002% of our GDP) is not a lot to save/improve the lives there of those who most need it, given that they gave us their support when we most needed it.

The domestic problems we have are not the result of our foreign aid budget - despite what the Mail would like you to believe. They're the result of our very own failing governments policy of not spending appropriately where it is most needed.

You all seem to be directing your anger in the wrong direction, and you're being led down the garden path.
    Last edited by WBA123; 30-11-2018 at 03:23 PM.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8647566.html

Let’s look after our own people first and let other countries look after theirs.

Quite frankly I don’t really care what’s going on in Pakistan,a country so corrupt that it’s hard to comprehend.

I believe in looking after those closest first and others later on.

Our roads are full of potholes,some of our local towns like Brierley Hill,Dudley and Cradley are grotty s h I t holes,we don’t have enough police or mental health and elderly care provision yet dreamers like you 123 think it’s a great idea to send billions abroad.

It’s a pompous,gratuitous act “helping” others whilst placing swinging cuts on your own people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)