+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A few bad Apple's....

A few bad Apple's....

Personally I do think there are various reasons why we have had a dip in form.
    But what has become apparent had that one or maybe 2 in our dressing room are causing problems.
    While I don't believe TM has lost the dressing room, I do think there is a problem. I'm unsure who is causing the problems. My hunch is it's Rodwell. I noticed him and Mulgrew coming to blows last night after the goal. I don't know if it's someone else alongside him also, but inside the dressing room, all is not well.

I think we have rushed Raya back. He isn't at fault for all the goals, but he is shipping them now. Where he wasn't before.

We are turning into a retirement club for old players. I don't think Bennett, Mulgrew etc etc (So many of the older players) got a new contract at this crucial time of the season. Strange decision?

TM is starting to make baffling decisions like playing Palmer up front on Sat? Made no sense.

What he has to do now TM is earn his crust. It's only 2 games, but if we lost every game between now and Christmas he would be sacked. I'm not saying that will happen. I'm hoping he gets us back on track asap.
    Every club in this division will have a sticky patch in the season. What isn't the best idea, is to start panicking.

These are my thoughts well after the last few games, so I'm not knee jerking.

While it's been a great ride under Tony, now is the time to prove your worth. If not, he'll be down the road. Things need changing though. As what's happening right now, isn't working. Spirit, performance, tactics or anything.

Rothwell will start on Sat. Which is way overdue. And Brereton will.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Personally I do think there are various reasons why we have had a dip in form.
    But what has become apparent had that one or maybe 2 in our dressing room are causing problems.
    While I don't believe TM has lost the dressing room, I do think there is a problem. I'm unsure who is causing the problems. My hunch is it's Rodwell. I noticed him and Mulgrew coming to blows last night after the goal. I don't know if it's someone else alongside him also, but inside the dressing room, all is not well.

I think we have rushed Raya back. He isn't at fault for all the goals, but he is shipping them now. Where he wasn't before.

We are turning into a retirement club for old players. I don't think Bennett, Mulgrew etc etc (So many of the older players) got a new contract at this crucial time of the season. Strange decision?

TM is starting to make baffling decisions like playing Palmer up front on Sat? Made no sense.

What he has to do now TM is earn his crust. It's only 2 games, but if we lost every game between now and Christmas he would be sacked. I'm not saying that will happen. I'm hoping he gets us back on track asap.
    Every club in this division will have a sticky patch in the season. What isn't the best idea, is to start panicking.

These are my thoughts well after the last few games, so I'm not knee jerking.

While it's been a great ride under Tony, now is the time to prove your worth. If not, he'll be down the road. Things need changing though. As what's happening right now, isn't working. Spirit, performance, tactics or anything.

Rothwell will start on Sat. Which is way overdue. And Brereton will.
    I'm thinking it may be time to go with a 442.. Ditch the 4231..

I don't know about bad apples.. From the outside its pure guesswork.

Saxo, I've always been a 4-4-2 supporter. I understand its limitations in the modern game, but I think it's good for putting a team on the front foot in a match where the opposition isn't markedly superior.
    When teams have lost confidence, there is a huge tendency to pump the ball at a target-man, from deep. That is what has happened with Graham on the pitch in the last two games. Not Graham's fault, and it is obvious from TM's frustration that the team were not following instructions. I suspect he took Graham off to try to make the team play on the ground more.
    In fact, even a target-man prefers it when the crosses are coming from the by-line, rather than the halfway-line! Also, such a player CAN lay the ball off with his feet as well as his head, which team-mates seem to forget sometimes.
    As far as the 4-4-2 is concerned, I'd like to try Bennett and Conway wide. Neither can beat a man like Armstrong, but he is so hot-and-cold, and they both help the defence more than he does.
    Who goes in central midfield, then? The brave experiment would be Reed and Rothwell, although I doubt that TM would sacrifice BOTH holding players.
    And up front? It's a big call, but in our current position (with a safety-net of points), I would try Graham and Brereton. They provide a bit more muscle than some combinations we've tried.
    The beauty of 4-4-2 is that one of the wide players can join the attackers, while the other holds back slightly on the opposite flank.
    I'm just riding my own hobby-horse, of course - putting my own "pub-team" out there - but I do feel we've hit a bit of a wall, and need to try something different.

Something needs to change. I do think he will go 442 on Sat. And start with Brereton

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)