+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ardley answers fan questions...

Ardley answers fan questions...

Seems to know a lot about Love Island. Bit worrying that.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Seems to know a lot about Love Island. Bit worrying that.
    Balanced it out with his Man from Atlantis knowledge though

Mostly stupid questions was asked

Seems to have a lot of time for doing videos?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I quite enjoyed it - tbf it’s aimed at younger fans than me etc, but part of the job of the modern manager, particularly of a club doing so badly and in need of a smile or two. He came across as a “normal bloke” in a very nice way, so there’s one battle won, in that many people will at least hope he does well (not to be taken for granted with some Notts fans!)

Let’s see what he’s made of - four league games til Jan all look incredibly loseable on current form, so I’d theoretically be happy with any points he can muster, and a bit more effort stopping the shots and crosses: it’s the simple stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I get a bit of a Martin Allen vibe, he will connect with the fans and unite the club. It happened initially under Nolan when Hardy and he first came in and it got us out of a mess, hope it can galvanise us again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I get a bit of a Martin Allen vibe, he will connect with the fans and unite the club. It happened initially under Nolan when Hardy and he first came in and it got us out of a mess, hope it can galvanise us again!
    Agreed. Comes across really well and if he can generate a spirit of togetherness with players AND fans alike he won't go far wrong. It got me searching for this old footage of Warnock and the lads of 1990/91 and his preparations for that massive cup tie with Man City in 1991. Happy days

https://youtu.be/rpFH0XnF7MU?t=1