+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cardiff v Wolves Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    it was always going to be a difficult game but or lack of ball control and abysmal passing hasn't helped.
    Add pathetic shooting ability to that.

1 point from a possible 18

well done wolves !

all the expectations and pre-season hype..and the top 10 finish *******s that was spewed
    about,,

chelsea next is it ...oh well

going to say it again....how on earth has this team managed to get 16 points ???????????????

What you see is what you get from a Neil Warnock side and last night's game was no different. I think right up until Gunnarsson's equaliser Wolves coped well with the long throws and set-pieces that Cardiff had to offer. But when you have a keeper who's coming for a ball, he has to make it his, either trying to punch it away or catch it, yes he looked to have been impeded, but nothing was given. This was the big turning point for me.

I was happy as the next person that Doherty had put Wolves in front from Jiminez's flick, but once Cardiff had equalised i could only see one outcome. There were warning signs in the first half when the ball hit the post. Wolves style of play again looks better suited against the so called big clubs of the division.

The Watford, Huddersfield and now Cardiff games have proved that Wolves struggle with being pressed, our passing game doesn't look so good when we are put under pressure, time and again we lumped it towards Traore, who has pace to burn, but couldn't stay on his feet. Costa looks a shadow of the player that played so well only a few weeks ago at Arsenal and Jiminez looks wide in a front three.

The winner from Hoilett was quality and i doubt he'll score a better goal, it's one of them where they either go in or fly well over the bar. I thought Wolves looked better once Gibbs-White and Jota came on, but in front of goal we have to take our chances, especially the Gibbs-White ones and Cavaleiro one.

I'm not going to start calling for Nuno's head. But Wolves and Nuno need to try and have different tactics to cope with sides that are below us in the table. Our record of one point in eigh**** doesn't make happy reading at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Good luck to anyone who's travelling to Cardiff. It seems like a tough ask to get there, if you've done a full (9 - 5) day's work.
    I used up holiday entitlement to go, just like many others. It's just a pity our efforts to travel weren't rewarded with a better performance and result!

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    1 point from a possible 18

well done wolves !

all the expectations and pre-season hype..and the top 10 finish *******s that was spewed
    about,,

chelsea next is it ...oh well

going to say it again....how on earth has this team managed to get 16 points ???????????????
    By playing a lot better than we are now. We rarely look like scoring nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    By playing a lot better than we are now. We rarely look like scoring nowadays.
    hey up gav

ahv watched every wolves prem game so far ( sky and streaming )

this team is not going to score a lot of goals ,,we don't have the players to do it at this level.

our so called strikers..how many goals in total between them have they scored ?

a quiet sort of desperation is beginning to show .

it don't bode well

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    hey up gav

ahv watched every wolves prem game so far ( sky and streaming )

this team is not going to score a lot of goals ,,we don't have the players to do it at this level.

our so called strikers..how many goals in total between them have they scored ?

a quiet sort of desperation is beginning to show .

it don't bode well
    Alright Dave, i hope all is well. You are right in saying that we aren't going to score many goals, even when we get into good areas, we don't put see to many players making runs into the box. We have midfielders, ie Neves and Moutinho that sit and are often 20 yards off the the front three. Raul Jiminez has scored three league goals, Costa or Jota don't have a league goal between them and Traore has score one, which was the winner at West Ham. Ivan Cavaleiro has score two.

If you don't score that many then we will struggle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)