+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final Thread - Dons v Tinks

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I thought we played quite well up to the GMS incident (pens are never given for head knocks are they???).
    Tactically, i thought McInnes did ok this time around, other than starting THE most useless football player ever to grace an AFC shirt (Maynard included in this list). We had zero up front, absolutely nothing. That was a shocking decision to play him. Even more shocking decision was the fact we paid money for him.
    Anyone critisising Cosgrove may like to ask what service he got. IE feck all. Even the long balls were no where near him so he had little chance of holding the ball up when he wasn't getting a chance. The balls into the box were poor as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Anyone critisising Cosgrove may like to ask what service he got. IE feck all. Even the long balls were no where near him so he had little chance of holding the ball up when he wasn't getting a chance. The balls into the box were poor as usual.
    That's a failure of management. Use Cosgrove in the hope of winning set plays around the box. Yet fail in this tactic as you say. Even after half time talk ?

We weren't there to win yesterday, just to give Celtic someone to beat.

We only lost one goal in the entire competition but had next to no chance of winning it.

We have a team full of also rans with a few gems, I fear for this January window.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Yes definitely
    I doubt there is another manager in Scotland who would have played Cosgrove in the final.
    That's the better formation that McInnes should have played - after seeing Mclennan, who looks very decent; can hold, tackle & pass. Should be in midfield replacing Shinne ,. Considine can make way for someone.

Cosgrove, May, Wilson should be shipped out in January IMO
    McLennan is a great player and actually prefers to play as a number 10. I agree shinnie should be at left back, but not at the expense of putting McLennan there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I agree and I don't have anything personal against Cosgrove. I hope he makes it as a player either with us or elsewhere. Rooney gets a hard time despite having to play the same role. May as well. If Cosgrove did have a half chance to do you feel confident he would have taken it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I agree and I don't have anything personal against Cosgrove. I hope he makes it as a player either with us or elsewhere. Rooney gets a hard time despite having to play the same role. May as well. If Cosgrove did have a half chance to do you feel confident he would have taken it?
    I too have nothing personal against Cosgrove. He is a shockingly bad player though. If there was half a chance going, I'd have more faith in me finishing it (a 55 year old with MS who is in a wheelchair) than Cosgrove.

I think the Cosgrove bash is just in general and not just for yesterday. Mainly because hes a carthorse who has two goals in almost a year.

Hes sh@te and not good enough to be in the premier. If he played for the likes of St Mirren or Hamilton and you saw him you would immediately think "f@cking hell check the state of that pudding"

Played before Rooney. I still cant believe that one

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I think the Cosgrove bash is just in general and not just for yesterday. Mainly because hes a carthorse who has two goals in almost a year.

Hes sh@te and not good enough to be in the premier. If he played for the likes of St Mirren or Hamilton and you saw him you would immediately think "f@cking hell check the state of that pudding"

Played before Rooney. I still cant believe that one
    It's a tricky one.
    Holding the ball up wasn't Rooney's strength and he wouldn't have had much joy in the penalty box yesterday. May is a better choice as he actually is/was a footballer but he's slow as a week in jail and (I think) carrying too much timber. Anderson is a prospect and should play more often but not sure he could lead the line. I would like to see McGinn played through the middle he's a sulky b'stard but we know he can play and he has a touch of the Dalglish about him with build and back to goal. Personally I don't like it when it's a big lanky guy to lump it up to (Scotland used to do it with Duncan Ferguson) hit the guy's feet/chest FFS it's easy to defend the big guy knock down sh1t it's not 1974.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    It's a tricky one.
    Holding the ball up wasn't Rooney's strength and he wouldn't have had much joy in the penalty box yesterday. May is a better choice as he actually is/was a footballer but he's slow as a week in jail and (I think) carrying too much timber. Anderson is a prospect and should play more often but not sure he could lead the line. I would like to see McGinn played through the middle he's a sulky b'stard but we know he can play and he has a touch of the Dalglish about him with build and back to goal. Personally I don't like it when it's a big lanky guy to lump it up to (Scotland used to do it with Duncan Ferguson) hit the guy's feet/chest FFS it's easy to defend the big guy knock down sh1t it's not 1974.
    But even with what he lacked Rooney would score.

What we have now don't have any strong points barring Cosgroves taller than an average human. Wilson can smash a ball harder than ive seen anyone hit a ball ever but only in a warm up, and Stevie May has banged Eve Muirhead which deserves respect. That's about it

We now have a Cosgrove with 2 goals in a year

Stevie May who has 6 in 60 appearances

Wilson who looks like he doesn't want to be here who we must be paying a whack for on 2 goals in 12 games

5 between them this season. That's f@cking worrying stats
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 03-12-2018 at 11:59 AM.

I find it odd why McInnes and the majority of Scottish managers think it’s more important that a striker can hold the ball up or run the channels than putting the ball into the net.

There was plenty of occasions that we played worse than yesterday but won the game because Rooney got a chance and scored.

McInnes signed Rooney in his first season then spent the next 4 years trying to replace him even though he was scoring for fun,I’m not sure why McInnes thinks we are going to win any games with Cosgrove holding the ball up when he doesn’t look like scoring.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast