+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final Thread - Dons v Tinks

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Considine was man-marking Edouard , and had kept fairly tight to him whenever there was a chance that the ball would be played to him. In the lead up to the goal Eduoard came very deep , almost to the half-way line when the Tims had possession just inside their own half, so Considine went so far with Eduoard , until it became obvious that even if the ball was played to him , there wasn't going to be any immediate danger seeing as he was so far from goal.

The cause of the goal from our point of view was the Celtic player who played it through for Christie being given too much time and space , and Christie's run not being tracked.......and I think at that particular moment , that was Shinnie's job. Also has to be said , that Christie still had a lot to do, but his first touch was very good and so was his reaction to getting the rebound.

Anyway , not down to Considine , and on the whole he certainly didna let us down yesterday.
    Absolutely,
    Those taking the opportunity to criticise Considine are only doing so because they see an opportunity and have no clue about football or the tactics deployed.

There were a number of players assigned with man marking roles: -
    Lowe on Forrest
    Considine on Edouard
    Logan on Sinclair
    McGinn on Tierney
    GMS on Lustig
    Ferguson on McGregor
    Ball (I think) on Rogic
    Shinnie on Christie
    Even Cosgrove was tasked to force the ball more on to Boyatta (who's distribution is usually questionable, albeit it was a good ball for their goal)

Its a stretch to blame Considine, indeed, if trying to apportion blame, on a central defender, you could wonder where McKenna was (can't recall and would need to watch back), although I'm certainly not blaming McKenna either. He tended to have a free role in the defence to essentially sweep in the old fashioned sence.

I think we simply had not switched back on properly following the GMS incident and Shinnie had not tracked his man.

Overall though, I thought each player did very well in the defensive roles they were assigned and ensured that Celtics opportunities were limited and we were competitively in the game throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    You do know it wasn't bar football we were playing ?
    I wouldn’t necessarily say the goal was his fault but he certainly wasn’t completely blameless.

If he was told to stick close to Edouard then fair enough but I don’t think Edouard could do much damage from where he was so he should have left him.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Rooney wouldn't have played much against Sevco , but does anybody know what is goalscoring record against Celtic was like?

I do think we miss Rooney for the matches against the bottom six; however, I don't think yesterday would've been a game for him.
    He scored 5 goals against Celtic which is more than Cosgrove has scored in his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If he was told to stick close to Edouard then fair enough but I don’t think Edouard could do much damage from where he was so he should have left him.
    He did

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Absolutely,
    Those taking the opportunity to criticise Considine are only doing so because they see an opportunity and have no clue about football or the tactics deployed.
    Quick question, which of course you don’t have to answer but it might help this board immensely. See when you typed that out, were you aware you were being a complete @rse or did you not notice? If it’s the latter, then I’ll honestly stop replying because that would indicate that all your accounts on here have some kind of personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Absolutely,

There were a number of players assigned with man marking roles: -
    Lowe on Forrest
    Considine on Edouard
    Logan on Sinclair
    McGinn on Tierney
    GMS on Lustig
    Ferguson on McGregor
    Ball (I think) on Rogic
    Shinnie on Christie
    Even Cosgrove was tasked to force the ball more on to Boyatta (who's distribution is usually questionable, albeit it was a good ball for their goal)

Its a stretch to blame Considine, indeed, if trying to apportion blame, on a central defender, you could wonder where McKenna was (can't recall and would need to watch back), although I'm certainly not blaming McKenna either. He tended to have a free role in the defence to essentially sweep in the old fashioned sence.

I think we simply had not switched back on properly following the GMS incident and Shinnie had not tracked his man.

Overall though, I thought each player did very well in the defensive roles they were assigned and ensured that Celtics opportunities were limited and we were competitively in the game throughout.
    Every time someone scores against us you try to blame every player for it and claim Considine is completely blameless.

For the record I don’t think the goal was his fault but he did play his part in it by being out of his position.

To be fair to him I thought he had a decent game in central defence yesterday,I do find it funny when his fan club come on here to defend him and claim he is never at fault when we concede a goal.Im surprised it’s Shinnie getting blamed it’s usually Logan who is the culprit.

Who tells their own wingers to man mark the opponents full backs

Every time someone scores against us you try to blame every player for it and claim Considine is completely blameless.

For the record I don’t think the goal was his fault but he did play his part in it by being out of his position.

To be fair to him I thought he had a decent game in central defence yesterday,I do find it funny when his fan club come on here to defend him and claim he is never at fault when we concede a goal.Im surprised it’s Shinnie getting blamed it’s usually Logan who is the culprit.
    Probably because it often has been Shay that's sold the jerseys , this season and last.

More like his old self yesterday ,though , snapping in to tackles and getting forward when he could.

I make my views and I'll criticise when due.
    Considine was not at fault for yesterday's goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Quick question, which of course you don’t have to answer but it might help this board immensely. See when you typed that out, were you aware you were being a complete @rse or did you not notice? If it’s the latter, then I’ll honestly stop replying because that would indicate that all your accounts on here have some kind of personality disorder.
    YAWN

Your putting me to sleep with your paranioa Mason

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast