+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final Thread - Dons v Tinks

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Not really, you've just told everyone the answer.

I predicted the correct score in the last game v Motherwell, albeit the wrong way round, so using the very same logic, I’m going for a 2 - 1 Celtic victory with GMS netting the winner in the final minute, just after a bolt of lightening hits the pitch and knocks all of the Celtic players to the ground. Stranger things haven’t happened!

In-Oot - in

Where - West stand someplace, "precious brief" will be issued on the bus.

Pre - Place in Shawlands, Butterfly and Pig I think it's ca'ed?

Post- long journey north

Prediction - I can see a 2-0 or 3-0 to the scourge............but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m going to the shed before the game as well.

I will meet you at the bar for a fight after all the pish you have been saying about me and rst
    "Head to head in the shed"

In/Oot ~ In

Furryboots ~ B3

Pre ~ The Ivory Hotel

Post ~ Depends on the result

Prediction ~ 3-0 to The Tims, think the only way we can win this final is to make it as ugly a spectacle as possible with no football being played and us sneaking it with a late winner !!!
    My enthusiasm this season is at its lowest ebb in my whole life of following The Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Not really, you've just told everyone the answer.
    Not defined the question yet
    I don’t think this site has much followers, more likely more heard on Northsound.
    Still bet some on here would forget anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Whyte (og), Prunty (does he count) (og)
    (Flood (og), Robson (og), Murray (og))

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    (Flood (og), Robson (og), Murray (og))
    Presumably Murray’ s og was scored with the same toe that reportedly was the cause of his retirement to the TSB?

In my lifetime I have seen us beat the minks three times in cup finals:

1970. 4 year old on my dads shoulders not understanding. Complete underdogs.
    1976. 10 year old. Spat on and my dad decked the ****. Complete underdogs.
    1985? Young loon. We were against 10 men and should of humped them. Level betting.
    1990. I missed as I came back from honeymoon the day before. Complete underdogs.

Are we any more underdogs on Sunday than previous wins? Let’s ****ing do this.

Na Sheepcrooky,
    In 84 -it was 84 and not 85 - just as in 1990, the Dons were not underdogs but had clearly the better team.
    In 84 though Aitken’s sending off -as much as it was hilarious at the time- deadened the game and played a part in rasellack getting the equalizer and sending the game to extra time.
    In 1990 we never really turned up and perhaps due to the racism among a small knot of idiots behind us directed at bigpaulelliotbytheway, nipped in the bud, we could have lost.
    But archchristiam Irvine got rid of that ugly duckling by scoring the decisive penalty and the rest is history. 70 and 76 underdogs. So who will be cup tie Mackay-Steven come Sunday or Davie Robb the cup frae ra mighty rasellack?

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast